Technical Daytime running lights(LED)

Currently reading:
Technical Daytime running lights(LED)

Alasdair MacKenzie

2021 Panda Cross Twin air

Driver’s side daytime running light is less bright than other. No warning lights are showing. Any suggestions as to problem?

I believe that by some CanBus witchcraft the DRLs dim when you put the headlights on, I read that on here and didn't believe it until I went out to the car and turned all the relevant things on and off. Now, I note you say LED in the subject line, my 2013 4x4 uses offset bayonet filament bulbs (Rear brake sidelight equivalent) and (here's the witchcraft) just a two wire connection... So I would be checking the bulbs to make sure both filaments are good. However, if yours really are LED then that more than likely renders all the above irrelevant, and this post a waste of space..?

I believe that by some CanBus witchcraft the DRLs dim when you put the headlights on, I read that on here and didn't believe it until I went out to the car and turned all the relevant things on and off. Now, I note you say LED in the subject line, my 2013 4x4 uses offset bayonet filament bulbs (Rear brake sidelight equivalent) and (here's the witchcraft) just a two wire connection... So I would be checking the bulbs to make sure both filaments are good. However, if yours really are LED then that more than likely renders all the above irrelevant, and this post a waste of space..?
Not a waste of space, it might yet be a bad contact issue

Surely this is a warranty issue?

If not it does sound like a poor connection.
When you turn on head lights on, what happens? Do both sides dim or is one side staying the same.?
If one side only ever stays dim, and doesnt change it may be a faulty light unit or an ECU issue. You could try disconnecting the battery and leaving it a while and see if this resets it.
Unplug the wires from the lights connector and reconnect. You should be able to reach the connection through the access port in the wheel arch.

Surely this is a warranty issue?

If not it does sound like a poor connection.
When you turn on head lights on, what happens? Do both sides dim or is one side staying the same.?
If one side only ever stays dim, and doesnt change it may be a faulty light unit or an ECU issue. You could try disconnecting the battery and leaving it a while and see if this resets it.
Unplug the wires from the lights connector and reconnect. You should be able to reach the connection through the access port in the wheel arch.
Thanks-will try out those suggestions

On the Cross model (which this is), they have different, all LED DRLs with non-replaceable ‘bulbs’ (and the fog lights move up beside the headlights
1700181561046.png

Last edited:
When I bought my panda someone had replaced the drls with Leds the car didn’t like them at all

I know it's already late, but if the problem is still not resolved I can help as I had the same problem when I bought my new panda. The issue is that one of the drl was facing down more than the other and when I looked at the front of the car the lower light seemed less intense, but if I lowered it a little the intensity increased.
The solution was to adjust the drl orientation, this was done by the dealer.

I know it's already late, but if the problem is still not resolved I can help as I had the same problem when I bought my new panda. The issue is that one of the drl was facing down more than the other and when I looked at the front of the car the lower light seemed less intense, but if I lowered it a little the intensity increased.
The solution was to adjust the drl orientation, this was done by the dealer.
This is.very useful! Thanks.

Back