Technical Interior fan fuse

Currently reading:
Technical Interior fan fuse

mikerf

Hi guys.

For some reason, my interior fan has stopped working. Hoping it's just a fuse. Can anyone confirm that it's the 40A fuse in position 4 in the under bonnet fuse box and is a J Case fuse, please?

It might be the fusebox fuse, but there is another potential failure. There is a big 'resistor pack' which is what gives the various fan speeds (except the fastest setting which bypasses the resistor -- see note below). This pack can fail, and also so can the 'thermal fuse' that's fitted to it which fails in the event of the resistors overheating, caused by the fan itself sticking. It's a tricky thing to reach, accessed from in the space between the wipers and the engine (the scuttle). Getting to it involves removing teh scuttle cover (well explained in previous posts about the scuttle drains), and also removing the wiper motor and mechanism. With all these out of the way, the resistor pack can - just - be reached and unscrewed.

Hope its the fusebox fuse!

I'll add a link to a post about the resistor in a mo, when I've found it. It was a while ago...
[Edit - see here: https://www.fiatforum.com/threads/2012-fiat-panda-pop-blower-resistor.461475/ and the post linked to from that.
Also, does the fan still work on the fastest speed setting? If so, then it IS the resistor pack that's failed]

The fuse is number 4 in the box under the bonnet:
1699397530749.png

Last edited:
Back