Technical Installing aftermarket Rev Counter 1.1 panda

Currently reading:
Technical Installing aftermarket Rev Counter 1.1 panda

IIRC your car is a 2010 Active Eco, yes?

The Active does not have remote locking, and there is no solenoid in the drivers door, so autolock is never going to lock that door because the required hardware isn't present. Some have said it isn't just the solenoid; the wiring isn't there, either. This crops up pretty regularly as quite a few folks have wanted to retrofit remote locking to cars originally built without it. The consensus has always been that whilst theoretically possible, there's too many parts required, and too much work involved, to make it viable and IIRC no one has ever reported doing so successfully.

I'm pretty sure there isn't an outside temperature sensor on the Active either.

MES is a great thing to have, but it isn't going to resolve either of these issues on its own.
correct

I believe adding the solenoid and wiring is trivial

the auto lock should work, I have never tried it so can't confirm. Not many have it enabled from factory for some reason.

someone on here did add remote locking via a third party alarm. But because they had it installed by a auto electrician there's not much info in the thread. Lost the tread. If my memory is correct it had the part numbers.

adding a remote key is both expensive, and difficult,

correct

I believe adding the solenoid and wiring is trivial

the auto lock should work, I have never tried it so can't confirm. Not many have it enabled from factory for some reason.

someone on here did add remote locking via a third party alarm. But because they had it installed by a auto electrician there's not much info in the thread. Lost the tread. If my memory is correct it had the part numbers.

adding a remote key is both expensive, and difficult,
I am in talks with a local shop who is willing to tackle this and fit remote locking and unlock the boot from the fob. I booked to get it done next month. I will see how it goes.

But first I need to fix the mileage on my dash :/

I am in talks with a local shop who is willing to tackle this and fit remote locking and unlock the boot from the fob. I booked to get it done next month. I will see how it goes.

But first I need to fix the mileage on my dash :/
remote keys have to be pre programmed to the body computer then added.

most people charge around £250 just for the pre pog key. There was someone on here charging £150 but haven't seen any success stories.

which is why most people dont bother trying to adding the remote function to the active.

Its actually an easy process with the right equipment, which is very expensive. It can be done cheaper but isnt easy, someone has read the body computer, added a key, written back. MES see the key but still it will not work remotely.

nobody yet has succeeded on a tight budget.

there was an option to add central locking to the active via a factory fitted alarm option. I dont believe the factory alarm is still made, but maybe wrong.

You can buy (so called) universal remote central locking systems. They use actuators to shift the locks and have to be wired in which is a fair amount of work. Its annoying when the car already has wiring that can't be accessed but that's your only option.

You can buy (so called) universal remote central locking systems. They use actuators to shift the locks and have to be wired in which is a fair amount of work. Its annoying when the car already has wiring that can't be accessed but that's your only option.
or retro fit the original parts and fit a third party alarm to it.

you will need to inform your insurance company

probably no less secure than having glass windows or doors you can peel back

been done several times

Finally I got my mileage set using mes and im happy!

Does anyone know whats the red line for the 1.1 engine? As I may get carried away and try rev up to 6k

Attachments

• 20220214_104042.jpg
    20220214_104042.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 33
Really? I always thought that had everything to do with your right foot...
I understand keeping it at the Rpm with the highest torque gives the best Mpg, but in the real world that is almost impossible. + Modern engines have the max torque in quite a large range of revs.

To me this sounds like: Let's buy the cheapest Panda there is to find and then add a revcounter, Central locking with remote, maybe Climate control and while we're at it a panoroof... Retrofitting some things is a nice thing, but buying a car with the extra's one finds nescessary makes more sense to me.

gr J

To me this sounds like: Let's buy the cheapest Panda there is to find and then add a revcounter, Central locking with remote, maybe Climate control and while we're at it a panoroof... Retrofitting some things is a nice thing, but buying a car with the extra's one finds nescessary makes more sense to me.

gr J
you are part right, I went out bought this car as it was the cheapest to insure and to tax, knew nothing about it. I just wanted a car.
I would assume you are much older than me so it will be a bit hard explaining why I’m doing all of this, but it’s good fun. I’m already in talks with engine swapping and changing the gearbox to a much stronger abarth 5 speed, just to make it a killer sleeper. I just want to modernised the car by adding a rev counter as the active eco spec is depressing but I understand why they made the trim.
I brought so many of my friends closer by modding it and helping them mod their k11 micras and starlets.

In the end it’s my car and I’m happy with it :)

Modding a basic car will simply push up the insurance costs and result in a car with little or no resale value. Unfortunately the sorts of stuff David Vizard did with the original Austin Mini is no longer possible with todays cars. That said, he got 60bhp from a Mini 1000 (originally 40bhp) and 100bhp from the 1275 (originally 60bhp) and considerably more from race engines. Today's engines even the "slow" ones are already a those power levels with much better fuel economy. There is very little to add - even if you can get the electronics to play nice.

Modding a basic car will simply push up the insurance costs and result in a car with little or no resale value. Unfortunately the sorts of stuff David Vizard did with the original Austin Mini is no longer possible with todays cars. That said, he got 60bhp from a Mini 1000 (originally 40bhp) and 100bhp from the 1275 (originally 60bhp) and considerably more from race engines. Today's engines even the "slow" ones are already a those power levels with much better fuel economy. There is very little to add - even if you can get the electronics to play nice.
Exactly with the poor tolerance and cheeply made bits it was a lot easyer to improve things
Modern computer designed precision forged pressed milled ect parts that go through much more strict QC check's there's little room for diy improvement not without spending large sums of money

I personally understand "get" people who mod cars themselves. There is a sense of achievement when it all come together and you look at it and think. "I've done that" its different. Especially if its via an unusual route

I don't understand people that take there car to a garage with a wallet full of cash and ask them to do the work. Have the car lowered with off the shelf parts to fit in with the crowd

but each to there own

Back