General Induction kits

Currently reading:
General Induction kits

I am still toying with the idea of getting an induction kit and or re-map for my 100hp. Can anyone tell me if an induction kit would effect the manufacturers warranty?
Who has the F38i GSR kit fitted? Do you think its worth the extra money to get the induction/re-map done as an all in one job? (I believe it is being advertised for £359, correct me if im wrong)

Thanks all

M100 NSY

I am getting the GSR kit fitted within the next two weeks, and Gary already has his on.

My garage is ok about it, BUT if there is any fault that happens as a direct consequence with the kit on, then I don't think they will honour the warranty, which makes sense.

I will then be getting my car remapped at Red Dot in early November, hopefully.

Insurance with kit fitted is £300 for me, need to add £40 once remap is on.

personally id never worry about induction or a remap effecting warranty or insurance. fair enough if it doesnt cost you anything more though. if i wrote the car off its be sure to stick the origonal airbox back on.

Surely it would affect insurance, unless you don't plan on telling them :nutter:

Granted, a remap maybe your choice NOT to declare, but an induction kit...
some insurance companies will jack up your quote if you declare, but some wont. what im saying is that insurance companies never need to know you have one on. my old k&n takes about 5 mins to fit or take off for example. slightly naughty i know, and i obviously dont recommend being that devious!

if you're doing things like induction kits and remaps (with the corresponding small increase in power on a car like this) then really you should have gone for a car with more power to start with - you cant fit a quart in a pint pot as they say, and the 100hp is never going to be up there with the true hot hatches...accept it as it is and enjoy it - otherwise you may as well have just spent all this extra expenditure originally and got a car with probably still more power to start with than what you'll end up!!! :)

I came from a car with c190bhp :)

The 100HP is a great car, and handles like a dream - but the induction will make it sound great, and the remap will increase the torque in certain gears - if it isn't for you, then fine, but for others it is a hobby (y)

As for not declaring, this is presuming you are in a fit state to actually crawl out from the wreckage, and remove the filter?! Sounds to me like very bad advice indeed.

I came from a car with c190bhp :)

The 100HP is a great car, and handles like a dream - but the induction will make it sound great, and the remap will increase the torque in certain gears - if it isn't for you, then fine, but for others it is a hobby (y)

As for not declaring, this is presuming you are in a fit state to actually crawl out from the wreckage, and remove the filter?! Sounds to me like very bad advice indeed.
im sure most claims arn't from write-off's to be honest. if your in too bad a state to take an induction kit off, then your in more serious trouble anyway.

what im talkign about is you giving someone a little rear ending or a minor ding, and just making sure the car is standard to make a claim.

if you're doing things like induction kits and remaps (with the corresponding small increase in power on a car like this) then really you should have gone for a car with more power to start with - you cant fit a quart in a pint pot as they say, and the 100hp is never going to be up there with the true hot hatches...accept it as it is and enjoy it - otherwise you may as well have just spent all this extra expenditure originally and got a car with probably still more power to start with than what you'll end up!!! :)

You just contradict a post you made 4 weeks ago. Any reasons?

Im waiting on a GSR kit once the bracket is sorted, cant wait for it.
Any word of this yet Oldschool? sorry for the constant nagging:D

OZ

Bracket is sorted ..well sort of he bent one out of a 1.4 stilo one to fit Gary's at mitcar :D thing is now can he remember how he did it so I can duplicate it ..that is the question :bang: :p

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO thats good news, been waiting for this for ages. Last heard my kit was made, jsu waiting on bracket, if i didnt live on this stupid island I just would have drove to you pair to get it fitted :bang: :bang:
Cheers

OZ

Back