Tuning Induction Kit

Currently reading:
Tuning Induction Kit

Induction Kit. :)

Ive been looking for a few weeks now and I have decided to go ahead and spoil myself to an induction kit.

Im looling at either the k&N 57i or the pipercross for 1.2 Stilo.

Ive heard the gsr is good but its out of my price range.. I cant decide which one I want. Has anyone got..or had either of these and can give me some feedback? (y)

Re: Induction Kit. :)

The filter of the K&N is not to bad but the design is crap like wise with the pipercross who if I am correct use sponge filtration which is the worst of the bunch and neither will give you any benefit only noise you would be better of saving and then getting the GSR :)

Last edited:

When we had recently the RR Stilo day, out of the six Stilo 2.4, Nick's was the only one fitted with an induction. His K&N induction made our day. It was the only car that was down on power. It was down 8bhp on the rest. Pipercross isn't much better.

On the Stilo 1.2 you will loose torque on both inductions. I would not bother with an induction at all if you are not going for a proper one. Invest the money into a proper back box instead, which will give you something for the money spend.

oh rite, thats opened my eyes a bit... how much are the gsr's and do they do them for the 1.2.

They are under development so you have time to save up for one and in the mean time dont get tempted to buy tat mine was the first for the stilo and I waited for ages but its worth it in the end :slayer:

ahh good stuff, will have to keep checking for when they release them. thanks for the info.

*cough* i got ages before you did phil :p

yes, they'll be worth they wait mate (y)

Yours is for punto hgt cos you was to impatiant to wait werent you....Kids :p and the 1.8 is still to be done :)

Ive heard good reviews about the pipercross kits..

I think what im going to do is give tesco ( the insurance co ) a ring and see how much its going to cost me with them... if its just a little i might try a pipercross out in the meanwhile when im waiting for a GSR :)

Airbox induction kit

whats the difference in a BMC carbon airbox and a GSR induction kit

which gives more power

which is the cheapest:slayer:

Re: Airbox induction kit

the bmc is slightly cheaper by about 15 quid than the gsr for an abarth 2.4 and from the other posts ive seen id go for the gsr as it frees up more bhp. Prices for the gsr vary for the different engine sizes.

Re: Airbox induction kit

On the 2.4 engine the CDA gave approx 3.8 bhp and the gsr trippled it ;) no contest :p on my 1.6 it gave me 13bhp and similar on the 1.8 there is only one induction IMO thats anygood for the stilo and thats the GSR as its been specificaly built for the car to do the job ..cda is a universal fit all system and they dont even supply a decent induction tube with the filter (n)

Induction kit and mass airflow sensor

Just a quick question.

Just fitted an induction kit to my car but dont want the gsr induction kit as would rather buy other things for my car at the moment but i just want the noise of the engine sounding a bit better than the crappy air filter the car comes with and dont really care about performance.

But what i am wondering is will putting an induction kit damage my car due to the mass airflow sensor??

Lowered the stilo now on eibach springs il post the pics soon ;)

Re: Induction kit and mass airflow sensor

I'm sure that I read a post on here somewhere that said K&N kits on a Stilo had a detrimental effect.

Re: Induction kit and mass airflow sensor

You are probably thinking about peoples concerns over the fact that they use cotton gauze filter medium and oil it and the possibility of sensor/throttle body contamination ..K&N dispute this and I don't think its ever been proven :)

Re: Induction Kit help

The GSR induction will give you between 13/16 bhp through the rev range with a new map as well you will be looking at 120/2 bhp and 116 lb of touque..:worship: I had the very first one on my stilo and I can recomend it for the increase in power it gives you ..dont forget to inform your insurance company if you get it (y)

CastleCoombe21stApril.jpg

14072007104.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Induction Kit help

Cheers for tht fella,
how much can i get one for & were from?

£190 Posted Im sure PNL will point you in the right direction but Oldschool from this makes them.

They are very highly Rated on here but i couldnt personally verify that for you as i am waiting for mine.

I can let you know what i think on monday if everything go's according to plan on sunday.

Back