Im busy for 24hours and you guys miss this opportunity.

Currently reading:
Im busy for 24hours and you guys miss this opportunity.

Got to say, if you have a network that a PC struggles to stay visible on, it must be because your network has been designed by a 5 year old.

I've about 15,000 users spread over the whole planet, with a mix of laptops/workstations and thin client systems. No network issues here.

The network isnt the greatest. Its just a gigabit ethernet hub thing and it fails quite often. The PC is the only computer that causes major problems though.

That's funny because out of the networks I look after its the macs with the issue / issues.

I wish the graphic designer who bugs me on a daily basis with his 'mac' issues (blaming the brand new Windows server when everything else including an ancient Win 2000 plot processor works fine) would get the hint I JUST don't care.

That's funny because out of the networks I look after its the macs with the issue / issues.

I wish the graphic designer who bugs me on a daily basis with his 'mac' issues (blaming the brand new Windows server when everything else including an ancient Win 2000 plot processor works fine) would get the hint I JUST don't care.

I'm the new IT person in a smallish college for people with learning disabilities and I was asked "can we have a Mac" and I said HELL NO! :D

The problem with a mac is..

How do you control them? When I say control I mean what they can do and what they can access, and what apps they can run, and what security is applied.

You dont have active directory, you dont have system center, and you dont have GPOs. A mac in a business is a drain on the company's finances.

The problem with a mac is..

How do you control them? When I say control I mean what they can do and what they can access, and what apps they can run, and what security is applied.

You dont have active directory, you dont have system center, and you dont have GPOs. A mac in a business is a drain on the company's finances.

I was on another forum where a couple of mongs were arguing that people should be allowed to bring in personal devices such as phones, tablets and laptops and be able to use them on the corporate network and that it makes them more productive. I mean seriously..... the only thing that goes on my domain is a PC which I've put on there and which has corporate AV and which I have admin rights to.

if someone wants to completely lose administration rights to their PC they're welcome to bring it in and use it on our network, otherwise they can **** off.

Back