General Ideas welcome

Currently reading:
General Ideas welcome

midland fiat said:
but sticking the 16v block in with a 8v head would be pointless anyway would it not???

I was under the impression that the 16V block is tougher than the 8V version :)

but its stupid and not worth the grief, i dont know why its even being discussed.

why do you need a tougher block???? to be fair blown 8v blocks are rare, hardly seen any damaged cranks, ok the odd snapped rod but not very much really.

Ok, 16v block is pointless, unless you got the head to go with!

depends what kind of power you want to put through it doesn't it, and what kinda revs you want it to happily do. why not start with the strongest you can - its why i have a 75 block and not a 60 block

midland fiat said:
Sub 700 supplied fitted rolling roaded inc larger injectors and nearly 80bhp!

Hi
I was just wondering why you uprated the injectors on this engine?
Did you find the flow rate to low?
I`ve heard the standard injectors have quite a low flow rate.
Could i ask what injectors you used?(or is it a trade secret:D )
Many thanks
Adrian

yeh injectors were no good, 60 injectors were only fit for 63bhp.

im working on a few sets of injectors so gimme a week and ill tell you the best!

as for the 16v block, its pointless, very pointless, and your messing around with compression rates, the 8v in good shape is plenty good enough.

AIJ29 said:
Hi
I was just wondering why you uprated the injectors on this engine?
Did you find the flow rate to low?
I`ve heard the standard injectors have quite a low flow rate.
Could i ask what injectors you used?(or is it a trade secret:D )
Many thanks
Adrian

Duty cycle is about 60% on the 60 SPI when standard.

Duty cycle on the standard Mk2 Punto 1.2 8v is in the low 50s and on the Sei MPI even lower.

The ECU just needs a remap. The injectors on the MPI can be taken near enough the 100bhp before hitting 80% duty cylcle.

Well if you think a remap will do, but problem being for us, no where can do these late ecu's. When we did smurfheads the only place that could tackle it wanted over 500 to chip and map the new system. :bang:

besides its more cost effective to put a bigger set in. :bang:

mase said:
i cant remember if anythin came of this, but there was talk of using a cossie injector instead of the one in the cinqs to make sure it doesnt run at close to full duty cycle when pushing about 100bhp?

You have to re-map in any caser. And you might risk a rather poor idle and pulling away is ratehr difficult unless revving high.

It is better to increase the fuel pressure (which gives you at least another 20% when maximum duty cycle is reached) and/or add another injector which gives a much better spray pattern making low rpm running much smoother.

but your miles from here, and the injectors cost sub 50 pounds, so pound for pound, considering the remap cost is double that around here you can understand why we change injectors!

Duncan,

Broken record alert again but when I got my suspension and brakes on I was overjoyed, totally transformed the car and for about six months I took great pleasure on overtaking lots of cars on the local raceway cos I could corner faster and brake later!

Liam

bloomfieldliam said:
Duncan,

Broken record alert again but when I got my suspension and brakes on I was overjoyed, totally transformed the car and for about six months I took great pleasure on overtaking lots of cars on the local raceway cos I could corner faster and brake later!

Liam

i actually totally agree with you, i was amazed at the difference between brakes when i got the abarth with the gt set up on it..... :worship:

however dunc, if your talkin about engine mods.... i have only 2 words to say

vroooooooom tiiiiiiiiiish :cool:

bloomfieldliam said:
Duncan,

Liam

Liam,

I totally agree on that one. Thats the whole point of a cinq innit?? However, I'm gonna sort as much as I can afford so brakes, suspension, engine...the lot! After all, straights are the boring bits that connect the fun! And as for Mases subtle turbo comment, thats a future plan but I wanna put a bigger engine in it first.

wee tomy.ireland.

u guys have been great help,thats it, gona buy the best 75 engine i can and also a 60 head and manifold. do some mix n mashin.my car is spi so i cant go all 75 without hassle.also us the bottom half of a 75 tb and my top half of my spi for the 38mm butterfly.cheers men

Re: wee tomy.ireland.

weetomy said:
u guys have been great help,thats it, gona buy the best 75 engine i can and also a 60 head and manifold. do some mix n mashin.my car is spi so i cant go all 75 without hassle.also us the bottom half of a 75 tb and my top half of my spi for the 38mm butterfly.cheers men

Keep the whole 75 lump together. Wiring in the injector is very easy. All you have to do otherwise is to get the fuel pump uprated for higher pressure, possibly some connectors up rated and a remap.

Back