General Anybody have an idea?? Cinquecento Sporting.

Currently reading:
General Anybody have an idea?? Cinquecento Sporting.

So a couple of weeks back I ordered from Italy a pair of rear stone guards, like the one in the attached photo. According to ePER these are supposed to fit at the back of the wheel arch, to stop dirt / grit from getting trapped behind the rear bumper.
Anyway they turned up and I cannot fathom out how or where they sit in the arches? Does anybody have an image of these fitted to a Cinquecento?

On the ePER page https://eper.fiatforum.com/en/Drawings/Detail/F/F/CIN/NM/707/12/0/0/SubSubGroup it is listed as number 18, V3 (Sporting) + E406. E406 reads as "Chargeable standard wheel 1"

Anyone know what the hell a chargeable standard wheel is?? I have the Abarth 13" Speedlines fitted to my Sporting. Really thought these were going to tidy up the gap between the arch and the rear bumper, but it is looking like they will be useless bits of plasitc...

Anybody?🤞

1710931740554.png

I remember, from my days at a fiat dealership, that they fit to the front of the arch, not the rear!?!

Hello,

Does any of the curves on the guard fit the curve on the car? ;) That could be a hint :)
That's the thing... They don't and the holes on the stone guard do not line up with the two holes that are on the rear bumper. The shape of the item I have and it is the correct part number, does not look the same as what is on ePER (numbered 18).

I remember, from my days at a fiat dealership, that they fit to the front of the arch, not the rear!?!
No, that is number 2 on the diagram. I bought that too, as the original one was mashed. When I removed it, found that a previous owner couldn't get the screws off, so snapped the heads off and then drilled new holes into the arch. :oops: Had my Dremel on the broken screws / riv nuts on Sunday, to get them out. Will fill the drilled holes in and put riv nut back into original factory holes at the weekend along with treating the little bit of grot that was behind the stone guard.

That's the thing... They don't and the holes on the stone guard do not line up with the two holes that are on the rear bumper. The shape of the item I have and it is the correct part number, does not look the same as what is on ePER (numbered 18).

ePER drawings are only schematics. They are not 100% accurate. The shape can be different.

Are you talking about those two holes? This is a non sporting bumper, I have no idea what the difference is. Perhaps it is wider. Or could have another surface, prepared for colour painting.

1711022911558.png

ePER drawings are only schematics. They are not 100% accurate. The shape can be different.

Are you talking about those two holes? This is a non sporting bumper, I have no idea what the difference is. Perhaps it is wider. Or could have another surface, prepared for colour painting.

View attachment 440470
Yes, that looks the same as on the bumper of my Sporting. I am starting to think that +E406 on the drawing is key to it fitting. What that +E406 is, is another question I think?.... I do have the Abarth lip for the rear bumper in my shed, so I might offer that up to the bumper and see if the stone guard fits with this in place.

Appreciate you taking the time to help. (y)

The key to understand the description of the E406 option could be the knowledge of Italian :D They made the translation to ePER with I think a dictionnary in hand, word by word :D Same to Polish :D

When you switch ePER to Italian, you get 'ruote in lamiera extra-serie 1'. Which could be translated to 'non standard steel rim type 1'. The plus in between the two options means probably BOTH conditions should be met (sporting + the non standard rims).

The question is how many bumpers were available for the sporting. Except the colours.

The key to understand the description of the E406 option could be the knowledge of Italian :D They made the translation to ePER with I think a dictionnary in hand, word by word :D Same to Polish :D

When you switch ePER to Italian, you get 'ruote in lamiera extra-serie 1'. Which could be translated to 'non standard steel rim type 1'. The plus in between the two options means probably BOTH conditions should be met (sporting + the non standard rims).

The question is how many bumpers were available for the sporting. Except the colours.
I think the rear bumper on the sporting is no different in design, than a standard one. Only difference are the trims that sit in the recess of the bumper.
These have to be removed (held by a couple of screws from the back of the bumper) to fit the Abarth rear skirt to the bumper.

I might look to see what wheels are shown on ePER for the Cinquecento. Never know might find "non standard rim type 1" on there?

I have the same impression, that the only difference was the fact that the sporting bumper was painted. My father had a 899ccm version, the sporting was one of the cars that I was considering once a long time ago, but bought another car instead.

The fact that seems strange to me is that the guard you bought was dedicated to the sporting version only. That could suggest there was another difference we were not aware of.

I know it won't be a factory solution, but perhaps instead of trying to find out what could be impossible, you should buy a flat piece of black plastic, cut it to size and shape and install it between the arch and the skirt?

I did see a while back on ebay a Polish company selling front and rear arch liners for the Cinq. I might take a punt on these as they were under £30 each delivered. Cheaper than the useless bits of plastic I got from Italy!

I did find via Google that E406 is mentioned for another Fiat, the Stilo, but again no more information other than "chargeable standard wheel".

Oh well, I will be back working on the car tomorrow, so maybe i will figure something out?

Back