General Ideas welcome

Currently reading:
General Ideas welcome

Right, been thinking about getting rid of Cinq. Now had a change of heart and might keep it. If I keep it Im gonna spend some money on it, bout 1500-2000 hopefully. Wanna get a 1242 and some 14" alloys with punto gt brakes. Maybe get some coilovers. What else should I get for my money and who could fit the engine in Northampton area????? Also, who makes a decent manifold for 1242 Cinqs (Im guessing the rest of my Janspeed system will be ok to go with an engine swap?)

fixitagaintomorrow said:
2k would see you turbo'ed by Van Aaken, with some change.

Yeah, but the problem is my 1108 isn't in the greatest condition and I don't think it would last very long. So my idea was drop a low mileage 1242 in there and get that sorted for future turbo possibilities :devil: Plus I wanna sort the rest of the car out before it gets turbo'd (coilovers are calling me!). Has anyone got a number for Midland Fiat?? I remeber talking to a guy from there on here but can't find the post :(

Duncan said:
Has anyone got a number for Midland Fiat?? I remeber talking to a guy from there on here but can't find the post :(

Check out his profile, and view all the post he has made till you find it :)

Duncan said:
I can't remember the username!!! Was it just Midlandfiat???

ye i think, or just search all the 'M' till you get to one with midland and fiat in its username

yeh the spi is a doddle, the 75 is obvioulsy more power, and is a laugh in the cinq, but the price varies and the 75 isnt really a diy job.

alternativly you could use a 1242 8v mpi block, a 1242 spi head with the mpi cam and clearences, then a 40mm throttle unit!!!

that would work well and be quite cost effective power for pound.

midland fiat said:
yeh the spi is a doddle, the 75 is obvioulsy more power, and is a laugh in the cinq, but the price varies and the 75 isnt really a diy job.

alternativly you could use a 1242 8v mpi block, a 1242 spi head with the mpi cam and clearences, then a 40mm throttle unit!!!

that would work well and be quite cost effective power for pound.

How much power and how much cost (approx)?

i'd say close if not just over 70bhp.

as for cost, i have an ideal engine, thats 135
plus headwork say 80 to cover that
headgasket, oil filters, belts, plugs, etc etc 50??
rolling road 50
throttle unit dunno never bought a tricker one, can include 32mm for now tho.
labour to be decided.

i'd have said easy under 700 all done properly, if your seriously considering, let me know roughly when you would be looking and ill work an exact price. i know thats not much help but its not a routine job if you know what i mean!

midland fiat said:
i'd say close if not just over 70bhp.

as for cost, i have an ideal engine, thats 135
plus headwork say 80 to cover that
headgasket, oil filters, belts, plugs, etc etc 50??
rolling road 50
throttle unit dunno never bought a tricker one, can include 32mm for now tho.
labour to be decided.

i'd have said easy under 700 all done properly, if your seriously considering, let me know roughly when you would be looking and ill work an exact price. i know thats not much help but its not a routine job if you know what i mean!

Hmmm, sounds good. If I get my hands on a CSC manifold could you fit that as well whilst your at it? Not planning on getting it done till about april/may time. (Maybe sooner if I have any more problems with current engine!) Can you PM me a contact number for when Im ready to get it done?

Oh, and how long would the work take?

Yeh ill throw on anything else like that supplied free, ie clutch decat calipers etc. ive mailed in a banner ad so contact details will be on top of the page rather soon.

as for time scale, if i have no engines i carnt do the work, so prices can vary if engines have to be bought in etc or if they require work before being suitable.

midland fiat said:
Yeh ill throw on anything else like that supplied free, ie clutch decat calipers etc. ive mailed in a banner ad so contact details will be on top of the page rather soon.

as for time scale, if i have no engines i carnt do the work, so prices can vary if engines have to be bought in etc or if they require work before being suitable.

Just asking caus my cars a daily runner, not too worry caus I can have time off work. Wanna get my new suspension fitted to the car first (it's been gathering dust for some time now) and fix a few little dents and cracks and then I will be in touch with you (y) If for unseen circumstances I don't have enough cash I will go for just the spi. I love it when a plan comes together :devil:

Back