General Ideas welcome

Currently reading:
General Ideas welcome

no no the 700 jobbie is as mpi block with cam in a spi head but using a spi manifold.

for 300 your left with pleanty for superchips etc, and that can be done in a day, quite literally while you wait!

midland fiat said:
yeh can do, only minutes for us to fit that stuff while the cars apart on the ramps.

My local Fiat garage is a joke compared to that sort of offer. Excellent, I will let you know a bit sooner to the time when Im ready to hand over the money.

P.S. Still working on that turbo conversion? :devil:

well, the donor car is here, as is turbo ect, but with the amount of work we have in, very little has been done, oh and ive had an offer on the car if i put a 1242 16valver in.

Yeh i dont mind fitting suspension calipers etc, dont take much time really, but dont expect me to paint them while im at it! :D

yep,, the only thing i dont include is a new clutch you can have the old one, the one on my engine or pay for a new one and ill fit it free.that includes belt tensiosner pump, service stuff etc etc etc

i have 2 suitable engines at the mo.

I'd rather supply my own decent engines at cost price than have to work with supplied rubbish, no offence but some people bring some absoloubte dogs because they were "told" they are super low mileage.

My you should have seen the one i was bought up a few weeks ago, i think they had used acid or arsenic (sp) instead of antifreeze. The water ways were rotten, every core plug gone, and the oil strainer blocked, apparently 22k miles and 300 pounds they paid. (n) (n) (n)

chrisunoman said:
If i had 2k to spend, id buy a different car. Just my opinion though.

s'ok, if i had enough to buy a punto - i wouldn't :p

midland fiat said:
alternativly you could use a 1242 8v mpi block, a 1242 spi head with the mpi cam and clearences, then a 40mm throttle unit!!!

are you talking Punto75 MPI engine there, not the newer 1242 8v blocks from the mk2/2.5 ?

and headwork for 80? Whats that covering.. and if flowing, is that done using a flowbench as well?

no the newer engine blocks would be way out of budget, then just a standard cam and the mess around with mounts etc.

no flowing, just a skim, shim, valve stem seals, cam seals and valve clean up and decoke in many cases.

ahh reet. was gonna say with the newer blocks you've got problems with pulleys not lining up as well, i was looking at using one for my engine swap. ended up using a 75 bottom end instead.

different belt pitch on the timing belt then theres problem with the TDC sensor.
with the punto crank pulley on there, the belt doesnt line up with the cinq alternator (so you'd have to use the punto one, not sure if it'd clear the inner wing).
and if you use the cinq crank pulley, the TDC sensor ends up looking at the alternator belt and not the teeth.

nope, was getting toward too much hassle. newer block not worth that much hassle. only one is the 16v block, but the crank is longer (so 8v filter housing won't fit nor will using the 8v housing with the 16v pump)

Back