Technical How to drive dual logic correctly?

Currently reading:
Technical How to drive dual logic correctly?

No to be honest don't really do that many hills as the car finds it hard to change gear. In addition to everything else the car has had probs with ESP light- key losing signal with the transmitter and a new exhaust after 2 months of it being delivered to me brand new

I finally gave the eco mode button a go after dismissing it earlier. The steering is way lighter at low speeds, but you get used to it pretty quickly.

The most noticeable feature (apart from more sluggish acceleration) is that the Dualogic is much more eager to change up to a higher gear, which should be a bit better for fuel economy. "E" mode actually seems to be a useful function.

I finally gave the eco mode button a go after dismissing it earlier. The steering is way lighter at low speeds, but you get used to it pretty quickly.

The most noticeable feature (apart from more sluggish acceleration) is that the Dualogic is much more eager to change up to a higher gear, which should be a bit better for fuel economy. "E" mode actually seems to be a useful function.

1.4 doesn't have the E function as there is no power down low anyway so if the gearbox changes into higher gear at low revs you really do struggle to get up to speed!

Eco mode has nothing to do with steering, its only the gearbox, its only the city button that affects steering, which is separate.

Like you say changes up gear at an earlier, and imo more normal, time. All of our Dualogics are always in Eco mode.

Eco mode has nothing to do with steering, its only the gearbox, its only the city button that affects steering, which is separate.

On my TwinAir 500 the eco mode button is the only one I have, and it makes the steering lighter as well (in addition to the torque/gear changes).

I would prefer it if they did it like you describe, but on my car it doesn't have that.

AFAIK the eco mode button is only available on the TwinAir models. The 1.2L 500 gets the city mode button.

Back