Technical Dual Logic fluid replacement schedule

Currently reading:
Technical Dual Logic fluid replacement schedule

deebe

Hi,
My Fiat 500 Australian maintenance handbook (service book) has this mysterious item on page 18:

Check clutch fluid level - Dual Logic system if fitted (3) Change fluid every 30,000 km or 12 months.
3. Dual Logic Robotised Gearbox

I'm not sure how to interpret this.
My car is a Fiat 500, 2015 model, fitted with Dual Logic (so the clutch is integrated into it), and my understanding is that Dual Logic fluid replacement is a serious affair involving the workshop diagnostic equipment to bleed the system. So it seems very strange to require it every 12 months.

Could it be that the check fluid must be done on both manual and Dual Logic transmissions, but fluid replacement every 12 months is only needed for manual ones?
I called our local Fiat services and they told me the interval is 90,000 km, but I have a feeling they confused it with the gearbox oil (the gears, not the shifting mechanism).

Does anyone know anything about it or had any experience with Fiat service in this regard?

The European service schedule for your era of car includes a *check* of the dualogic fluid level every 30,000km or 2 years, but there is a note to say that the check should be done every year "for cars on the road in countries with particularly severe climates (cold countries)". Presumably Australia would count as "severe climate" - albeit not cold! There may be a typo in your manual though as I'm not aware of any service requirement to *change* the fluid - I think it's designed as a fill for life. In any event, a change every year would be somewhat excessive. Especially since - as you say - fluid change is not straightforward, at least not if it's to be done comprehensively.

Back