Technical How to drive dual logic correctly?

Currently reading:
Technical How to drive dual logic correctly?

Sounds Great will try tomorrow morning.Never thought something so easy would prove so difficult!!
Now I understand how it works it makes complete sense.

Every time I turn mine off its in the drive gear (1) and then when turning the vehicle on again I leave it there with foot on the brake, which shows (n) and I just pull down (1) and it's good to go.

So I was told... Still reading all the manuals...

Yes I see some dualogics parked on the street with the lever in netural!
BIG no-no!
Tbh I was doing that too in the first weeks of ownership before reading the manual and then keeping it in gear when parked from then on.

Every time I turn mine off its in the drive gear (1) and then when turning the vehicle on again I leave it there with foot on the brake, which shows (n) and I just pull down (1) and it's good to go.

You can do that method also if you want, but does cause some dualogics to beep between starting and pulling down to put into 1st gear.

Yes I see some dualogics parked on the street with the lever in netural!
BIG no-no!

No it isn't!

Providing the engine was switched off in gear its fine, and prevents the car from beeping on restarting (y)

Yes ,that's it turn off in gear, move to neutral. no noise when starting again and even in Neutral cannot move car ☺

Next question "MATS"
Is it true when I complained about the Grey plastic showing on the front passenger footwell and the poor fit they said it is because of the Dualogic Transmission?

The silliest change was how FIAT swapped the position of + and - (i.e. pull lever down/back to change up, it was forward in the earlier systems)

The new method is the correct way. It wasn't a silly change at all, but perhaps silly that they originally got it wrong. All racing sequentials are set up with forward being downshift.

To stop the annoying beeping sound I also stop the car and turn off ignition in gear then place the stick into N before leaving the car.
When I come to drive the car again I start it without touching stick and move it into gear once the car has started.

Odd. Neither of my dualogics have beeped if started with the gear lever in the "normal" position rather than neutral. You just have to push the lever up or down to select first.

Odd. Neither of my dualogics have beeped if started with the gear lever in the "normal" position rather than neutral. You just have to push the lever up or down to select first.

What models are they? My Bravo doesn't (I don't think), but our Panda does, as can be seen in the video I posted earlier.

The new method is the correct way. It wasn't a silly change at all, but perhaps silly that they originally got it wrong. All racing sequentials are set up with forward being downshift.

Exactly.

It's to do with 'G force'. Just the same as 'up' elevator in a plane is pull back on the stick. i.e. if you're changing up a gear, you are accelerating, which means you are then less likely to mis-shift because you'll be pulling back on the lever anyway.

Absolutely, there is a 'chicane' on my way home each night where I have to rapidly change down from 5th to 2nd to make a sharp turn and ascend a hill. Tapping the gear lever forward as I brake feels 'right', even though when I first got the car it seemed counterintuitive.

Absolutely, there is a 'chicane' on my way home each night where I have to rapidly change down from 5th to 2nd to make a sharp turn and ascend a hill. Tapping the gear lever forward as I brake feels 'right', even though when I first got the car it seemed counterintuitive.

Yes I love downshifting forwards it feels right and I have never downshifted instead of upshifted. For me it feels completely natural.

BY the way, if you are in auto mode you can downshift from 5th to 2nd by pressing the throttle full, it will immediately go from 5th to 2nd without having to touch the gearshift = )

Yes I love downshifting forwards it feels right and I have never downshifted instead of upshifted. For me it feels completely natural.

BY the way, if you are in auto mode you can downshift from 5th to 2nd by pressing the throttle full, it will immediately go from 5th to 2nd without having to touch the gearshift = )

That would be a bit scary in this instance!...

ScreenShot2013-10-26at184731_zps425b48f5.jpg

Back