General How much would a decent MK2B cost me?

Currently reading:
General How much would a decent MK2B cost me?

Them headlights look mighty crusty....
They need a good wet sanding and polish to restore them :)

ZIggy

Not gonna lie, Shes in need of some TLC, eg: New brake pads, Valet, New hubs on the wheels, touch up some of the paint work, Change my in car entertainment to CD with USB

Not gonna lie, Shes in need of some TLC, eg: New brake pads, Valet, New hubs on the wheels, touch up some of the paint work, Change my in car entertainment to CD with USB

looks o.k. for the money Sam,

do the checks 1st though:)

headgasket / coolant

corrosion under car floor,

check ALL the dashboard lights

Charlie

If you look through previous mots for anything relating to corrosion then just question them if there is anything. Dont know of anyone has the link but you can do a search on dvla and it shows you all previous mots if for instance they say theyve disappeared. But i always think if your buying from someones house they must be confident that the car wont fail otherwise you will be back round there

If you look through previous mots for anything relating to corrosion then just question them if there is anything. Dont know of anyone has the link but you can do a search on dvla and it shows you all previous mots if for instance they say theyve disappeared. But i always think if your buying from someones house they must be confident that the car wont fail otherwise you will be back round there

Thanks I'll have a look at that it's MOT is till October so I have a bit of time :)

Clutch pedal smooth and free all the way up and down, no clicks or stiff spots. If you can feel or hear something more than likely the release bearing and plate springs are having a go and you'll need a new clutch.
Quick look to the front face of the sump for advanced corrosion leading to oil weeping - it's not a deal breaker - new sump less than £50 - just get a heads up.
Provoke the power steering - full lock each way forward and reverse and see it does not trip out.

Last edited:
An 04 plate shouldn't really have to much in the way of rust issues,, just invest in some undersell if you do get it, does look like it's had a bump on the back bumper and there is that big dent/scrape on the passenger side rear door so I'd look it over for any other signs of damage or anything significant that's been covered up

It had a clutch change in 2011 that I do know as I remember seeing the invoice yesterday. Yeah when I drove her round the block the steering seemed as it should be I mean obviously that was a 5 min drive but it seemed okay to be my only real niggle was the brakes and the back door sounded like it needed some wd40 to grease it. I didn't notice any Dents at the closer look. Just the back bumper needs touching up on the paint work but it seemed in sound order!

I didn't notice any Dents at the closer look. Just the back bumper needs touching up on the paint work but it seemed in sound order!

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1431868673.019383.jpg

And these marks are a sign it's been hit up the back or reversed into something, it's where the plastic bumper has been pushed into the metal work behind it

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1431868752.274793.jpg

Interesting I never noticed that! Thanks for pointing that out! It's not Cat C or D?

It would only be a cat c or d if it had ever been subject to an insurance claim, the only way to know that would be an hpi check.

A car can be completely destroyed and never written off if no one claims on the insurance for it.

It would only be a cat c or d if it had ever been subject to an insurance claim, the only way to know that would be an hpi check.

A car can be completely destroyed and never written off if no one claims on the insurance for it.

View attachment 154980

And these marks are a sign it's been hit up the back or reversed into something, it's where the plastic bumper has been pushed into the metal work behind it

View attachment 154981

Very true, to me it just looks like they couldnt park. As long as it isnt cat c or d and it doesnt bother you dont worry. I would say if they reversed into something and no one else was involved then theres no point of going through insurance

Well I just did a HPI check and it confirms what the guy said to me. I'm just gonna go for it. I was happy with it yesterday for 700 odd smackers I'm not expecting a new car lol cheers guys thank you for the responses! I think it's a case of crap parking

Attachments

• 1431872149154.jpg
    1431872149154.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 35
Well I just did a HPI check and it confirms what the guy said to me. I'm just gonna go for it. I was happy with it yesterday for 700 odd smackers I'm not expecting a new car lol cheers guys thank you for the responses! I think it's a case of crap parking

Go for it. Be cheaky and offer them below. Never know you might get it cheaper

Back