How much is your insurance ?

Currently reading:
How much is your insurance ?

1.How much is your insurance ? £365

2.What cars it for ? 53 plate active sport facelift

3.How old are you? 20

4.Who's it with ? saga

fully comp on my dads name. saga does really good prices for people over 50 and my dad is 55 with loads of years no claims :). on my own name they was looking aroudn 2500 to 3500!. try saga if you want go go on parents name.:) i can drive which ever day and which evertime:)

Errrrr only if your father drives the car more than you do and isn't using his NCB on both this and another car. Otherwise you might both find yourselves uninsured :rolleyes:

:yeahthat:

Not only that if your drive 51% or more of the mileage covered your also uninsured. Quite hard for them to prove but it has happened!. Things like CD's and belongings in the glove box, boot etc.

Id say keep your mileage down until you get till about 19 and get your own policy. It will be a bit pricey for the first year but once you get your NCB it drops very fast!. There's also these 10month bonus builder schemes which help (y).

1. How much is your insurance ? just a touch over £4000+

2. What cars it for ? 57' Plate Fait Bravo 1.4 Active

3. How old are you? 18

4. Who's it with ? A-Plan

5. TPO,TPFT,Fully comp ? Fully Comp

Last edited:
1. How much is your insurance ? just a touch over £4000+

2. What cars it for ? 57' Plate Fait Bravo 1.4 Active

3. How old are you? 18

4. Who's it with ? A-Plan

5. TPO,TPFT,Fully comp ? Fully Comp

How much? Id just get the bus mate, thats outrageous!!

1. How much is your insurance? £485

2. What car is it for? 56 Plate Grande Punto (mods declared)

3. How old are you? 17

4. Who's it with? Royal & Sun-Alliance

5. TPO, TPFT, Fully comp? Fully Comp

me loves fleet :D:cool:

Is that a joke?!?.

Sadly not, I did win the car in the Fiat Bravo competition though, so I don't mind forking out considering I needed to buy a car anyway. Otherwise it would have been a complete rip off.

It's a disgrace the prices young lads have to pay for insurance, even for smaller engines it can still be a heavy price tag.

At least it gives you something to look forward to, providing you don't crash your insurance is only going to get cheaper and cheaper, and the quicker I can build up my no claims the better.

Last edited:
Hi mate,

How long have you been driving and how many points/driving convictions you got if you don't mind me asking? 4 k is a joke!

Alan

should've saved about 3000-3500 quid spent about 500-1000 quid on a runabout for the first few years and kept the bravo locked away till insurance is cheaper, ideally i should've done the same, i had my heart set on a mk2 punto sporting, but what do i do after about 6 weeks of driving, crash >_<, and the insurance is equal to the worth of the car

am 22
car - gp
full comp cos me 2400 364 up front then 180 a month
but the reason i recon is cause am from liverpool

Hi mate,

How long have you been driving and how many points/driving convictions you got if you don't mind me asking? 4 k is a joke!

Alan

I've only had my licence 4 months, and was driving my punto for the most of that, with no convictions or anything.

I would have kept my Punto and let my dad have the Bravo for a year or 2 maybe just to keep the price down, but my punto broke and I just love this car.

But I can always sell it if things get a bit tight, so at the moment i'm happing paying it, especially considering i was paying nearly £1700 for my punto which was a good 10 years old, I wasn't that suprised to find out the price of this, imagine if I had a better model... It would be (even more) insane.

One of the few benefits of being old is that my insurance doesn't cost as much as the car did :p. It is also cheaper as my wife:worship: is a named driver on all the cars even though she doesn't drive 2 of them.

Age 38
Full NCB
All insurances Fully Comprehensive with all mods declared

1.3mj 90bhp Grande Punto £189
VAD Hi boost Cinq Sporting £174 (inc agreed valuation)
N/A Modified Cinq sporting £119
3.2 V6 H. Modified Cavalier £170

the GP is with Tesco all the others with HIC

Back