Off Topic Hey guys

Currently reading:
Off Topic Hey guys

I gave in and bought the one i posted in auction watch :p
Needs to be picked up on a truck as it's sorn.

It needs a new back box and a couple of little things tidied up, the doors are rusty but not externally or even that bad, so that can be sorted :)

I think it's gonna be a very slow project, father son type project as well as maybe a summer car :cool:

It should be pretty clean once a few things are done :D

Oh yes :D

My dad and i have been looking for a good project, so lucky this came up! Why are all the decent Panda's so far away? haha

Oh i think the gear linkage needs work, it's hard to know how to find a gear apparently.. i didn't actually look at that today :eek:

The roof seemed to be in very good condition, we had the front part open and had a good look around. Couldn't see any cracks or splits :) There didn't appear to be any rust there either.

I'm arranging delivery now so i should have it within the next few days, i'll get loads of pics up :D I can't wait!

uhh not quite, but i wanted it. I offered £450, he seemed shocked.. ran inside and asked mum (it was his mums car and she's ill) came out about two seconds later and snapped my arm off lol. I'm still yet to pay him £400, i gave him £50 deposit. But i'll be there wednesday with a truck to pick it up and sort the paperwork out :) It does have a few problems, but i knew other people were interested.. i didnt think £450 was insulting, i guessed he was after £400 minimum.

His mum bought a clio as a replacement :yuck:

When i sold my 126 BIS i was devastated at how low the buyer knocked me down, but it had to go and he was the only person interested for a fair while. It didn't feel right for me to do that to someone else, i could have got it for £400, possibly cheaper, but i'm an enthusiast not a business man :)

I should get this tomorrow if the delivery guys dont let me down, i'll be giving the owner the money i owe and signing the logbook :D

I'll be uploading a lot of photo's in a members motors thread :D
I'm almost neglecting my mk3 now :eek:

Hope all goes ok for you Nathan, look forward to the pics.

I had my 45 trailered from Vernon's to East Anglia...that was a long day, I just couldn't wait to get the car on the drive. I used a guy I found on www.uship.com/uk - it was a lot cheaper than I thought and I would recommend this site to anyone who needs to move a car (or anything for that matter).(y)

I guess this is as good as any place to post..

I've been searching for a fix to my floppy gear stick and found the guide to replace the bushes. Now, as much as this would help we don't think that's the only problem, you can push the gearlever to the far sides so much that it pushes the centre console. And there's no clear path to find the gears each time almost as if you can't feel a gate there.

Thanks guys, i'm sure this won't be my first question.. :p

Initially through searching i thought my problem with the gearbox was just replacing a couple of bushes, but my dad had a look and found something i didn't see..

Could any of you guys tell me what that's called and where it goes? :p The ends completely sheared off and i can't quite see where it mounts to. We're thinking of maybe drilling another hole if there's enough travel, or maybe replacing it if they're available.

Thanks, Nathan :)

See my pic from E-per

Attachments

• Gear Linkage.jpg
    Gear Linkage.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 10
Back