General hey guys i'm new!

Currently reading:
General hey guys i'm new!

aaron500

hello guys !! i remember seeing some of you i think at the Chiltern Hills Vintage Vehicle Rally... well that tempted me to buy a mk1 panda..
so on Wednesday i picked it up from leeds.. drove it back to hertfordshire.. most of the trip on the back of an AA truck.. but still.
i have a 1985 fiat panda 45 .. with 25444 miles on the clock..
if any of you guys could inform me if you ever meet up.. and where to get parts!! because i need a new drivers door and a new fuel tank.. went to fill it with fuel.. and i could see my wheel through the filler hole.. had to fill it through the wheel arch!
looking forward to hearing from you guys!! :)
1794522_254504644718070_905140451_n.jpg

:wave: Hello & welcome.

Nice to see you saved that mk1 - I'm sure it will make a nice car with a little tlc (y)

Yes, sorry, that was us at the Chiltern Hills causing this!

Several of mine were there, along with those of homeward VmanC Panda Mo and scout (who was helping drive them there, and has just bought one himself).

We Pandarers tend to meet up more for shows & events, and there is also a more general Midlands Italia meet from time to time.

Where in Herts are you? As you'll spot from my avatar thingy, I'm across in Risborough. I have a mk1 Panda stored in Harpenden though & frequently visit various bits of Herts.

Don't have anything specific on those parts at the moment but will keep my eyes open. Also have a look at the sticky thread at the top of the Classic Panda section as that lists helful suppliers. Generally it's going to be easier to get mk1 parts than mk2 as there is less competition, but you are unfortunate that about 4 people are restoring them at present & looking for parts too!

Cheers, Gavin (y)

Hi thanks for the reply ! And ah ok :) well once my panda is all up and running I will attend :)
And I live in St . Albans... and work in Harpenden ! yes I didnt think parts would be easy.. Thanks very much though !
Aaron

Excellent(y) I'm glad another mk1 has joined the forum:)

Sounds like you need a new filler pipe rather than a tank from your description, thanks are hard to find, but I have a feeling a filler pipe will be even harder. I was in the same position last year with my Mk1, but luckily a NOS one popped up on eBay.

I am also in need on a drivers door, no luck so far, but hopefully one (or two now:p) will appear at some point

Whats the rest of the Panda like for the dreaded rust? I would take a close look at the sills, inner arches, boot floor, front and rear panels to make sure there are no hidden horrors.

Quite a coincidence to have 2 mk1 Panda's visiting Harpenden :eek:

I'll look forward to seeing the Panda when you've got it back on the road (y)

Driver's door looks ok in the picture - is it very bad, or can you repair it?

Welcome along, I've just picked up a 1986 MkII from VmanC and am localish to you as I'm in Aylesbury.

A couple more local owners and we won't have to travel for meets ;) as we'll have enough for our own (y)

Yes most likely just the filler pipe bit as there is a hole right where the wheel would spray water... im worried it may have gotten into the tank and rotted it... I will have a good look..and yes the door is a problem.. the rest of the csr isnt tooo bad.. little bits of bubbles on the wheel arches.. sills look okk ish... will have to wait until paint has been stripped.. there is a bad repair in the boot which I will fix.. I work in a classic car garage so I can make new panels like sills if I need to..
And the bottom of the door is pretty much non existent...if no luck by theend of the month I will cut out the rust and repair what I have.. wont be easy though...and thanks guys!!:) looking forward to it !!:)

Yes most likely just the filler pipe bit as there is a hole right where the wheel would spray water... im worried it may have gotten into the tank and rotted it... I will have a good look..and yes the door is a problem.. the rest of the csr isnt tooo bad.. little bits of bubbles on the wheel arches.. sills look okk ish... will have to wait until paint has been stripped.. there is a bad repair in the boot which I will fix.. I work in a classic car garage so I can make new panels like sills if I need to..
And the bottom of the door is pretty much non existent...if no luck by theend of the month I will cut out the rust and repair what I have.. wont be easy though...and thanks guys!!:) looking forward to it !!:)

Hi, welcome to the Forum (y).

I'm not going to appologise for influencing you at all! Another Mk1 is now in the hands of a classic car restorer, result I'd say :D.

Have you seen this on eBay?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SEAT-MARB...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item58aaf36a07

It's the same as a Panda Mk1, even in the same colour though I don't suppose that matters to you if you're stripping and repainting it.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Hi there!!:)
And yes I did see that.. but wasnt sure if it had the ridges on the bottom half like the mk1 panda?? if it does then sold !

Oh yes so it does..thats cool ! I can fill in the holes ...
Just bought it !
Thanks for the link !!

Thanks :) aim is to restore it and ready for the Chiltern Hills vintage car rally this year ! Fingers crossed!

Good to see you got this mk1 ....we all thought it may need a slight bit of a proper look when it was spotted for sale as the pics looked good, but there could be problems.

Still it sounds like you are up to the job.

Back