Technical help find indicator wires

Currently reading:
Technical help find indicator wires

Mar4ix

Hi folks, installing alarm on my mk1 punto 55s , '96, alarm installed, i need locate indicator wires (just need flash indicator lights when lock or unlock door with remote fob) somewhere in fuse box. I had one advice , that those wires are located at the back of fuse box, in 10 wire pin, but now i am not sure.... spend all day, couldn't find. Could somebody help locate wires and colour.

Thanks

https://www.fiatforum.com/punto-gui...ade-kit-mk2-8v-punto-gars4.html#content_start

Wire 3. Indicator Wire 1:

My hawk kit came with the the brown wire already spliced into 2, if yours hasn't do this now. (just snip some off the brown wire and splice) Just to be clear the brown hawk wire should now look like the letter 'Y'.

Take one of the brown wires and strip the end. Now remove the cars connector from the fusebox! To do this push down the small tab next to the red securing arm. Whilst pushing this down move the arm to the right.

Now take a flat head screwdriver and push how the grey connector! (thats why i originally called the connector the grey one. Note on the block before you push out the grey part the small numbers on it!

Count along to pin 3 :) it should be PINK, If it's not you've miss counted haha, small mini note is that on my car there wasn't a wire in number 1 so bare this in mind and count from the holes not the wires.

Using the same method as mentioned before splice one of the brown wires onto this PINK wire.

See the following picture for an example of where i spliced everything:

Wire 3. DONE!

Wire 4. Indicator Wire 2:

The other brown wire needs connecting to wire number 12 in the grey connector block! The wire in the grey connector block should be PINK and WHITE.

well .. it is for mk2 .. i think there is different wires... i have mk1

the two wires you need are in the 18 pin plug in the front of the main fuse box. the wires are blue or/and blue and black. recently installed a hawk alarm so I've done it recently. hope it helps

the two wires you need are in the 18 pin plug in the front of the main fuse box. the wires are blue or/and blue and black. recently installed a hawk alarm so I've done it recently. hope it helps

Is that for mk1 ??

cheers

yeah that's for a mk1. as far as im aware all the wiring colours are the same through the mk1 years.

Well .. .there two sockets ... but those wires not affect all flash lights(just rear or one side). When i disconnect socket of rear of fuse box, then none of indicators work, but there is at least 15 wires. might somebody would know exactly which colour wires control indicators ... i need " + " wire, to connect for alarm to flash indication lights when armed ... or disarmed.... or alarm set on....
that rear socket is very hard access .... short wires, very tight bunch, i tried some blue wires, no luck. Might somebody know easy access to front/rear lights, i could make flash them.

thanks

Back