Technical Need help with connecting to Airbag ECU

Currently reading:
Technical Need help with connecting to Airbag ECU

gerchooo

Hello there guys.
I have Punto MK1 1.2, 16V, 86HP.
I have been trying to connect to the Airbag ECU with no luck.
I have the diagnostic cable shown in the picture (with 4 position switch for engine, Airbag, ABS an one more) + 3 pin adapter with external power and MultiEcuScan Registered version.
I am able to connect to Engine ECU with no problem, but when I try the Airbag ECU - the software always says No response from ecu.
I want to clear an Airbag Error (airbag dashlight is on - very annoying) witch I
triggered accidentally.
Could you guys provide me some help.
Do I need another cable or is this the correct port (shown in the picture).
How can I connect to the damn Airbag ECU :)

Attachments

• 20210822_102435.jpg
    20210822_102435.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 114
  • 20210821_135751.jpg
    20210821_135751.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 58
I've never tried this but found a post on another forum by Tzok, who i believe is the chap who made the MES program. He made MES or IAWScan anyway, can't remember which for sure but he knows what hes talking about lol

SRS connector is near the SRS control unit, which is under the console in its central part - the connector is mounted behind the car radio on the right (passenger) side.

He's polish so when he says passenger side thats most likely referring to a left hand drive car.

From that and looking at your picture I think you've got the right connector. I don't think you should need a cable with a switch on, the MES website says nothing about that.. Have you tried it with that switch in all the different positions?
And you running power from the battery inside to the 3-pin adapter because it needs that 12v power source to work.

Sorry if they seem like obvious things that you've done already :shrug:

Failing that I'd try a different USB to OBD cable, just search for VAGCOM cable or KKL cable, they cheap enough to try a different one. Don't know what the switch on yours does but I can't see any reason why you would need a switch on there.

Last edited:
Със Делфи са четат тез коли или Uniscan VISA ... или Фиат Мултиеку Скан .... най тънкаж става с делфи 100-120 лв беше с пълен комплект кабеляци аз всички марки коли ... от Али

From your picture it looks like you try to connect to Airbag through Engine ECU. Read again what blue73 wrote, the Airbag port looks exactly like the one in your picture, but is under the central console right hand side.

Hi,

Looking this the multiscanecu.net supported vehicules page :

punto '99 :

TRW Airbag MY97 |INFO|DTC|PRM| KL A2 P3
TRW Airbag MY99 |INFO|DTC|PRM|ACT| KL A2 P3

The adaptater cable #2 seams to be needed ?!

So as registred user, can you ask multiscanecu support for the right configuration ?

Hi,

Looking this the multiscanecu.net supported vehicules page :

punto '99 :

TRW Airbag MY97 |INFO|DTC|PRM| KL A2 P3
TRW Airbag MY99 |INFO|DTC|PRM|ACT| KL A2 P3

The adaptater cable #2 seams to be needed ?!

So as registred user, can you ask multiscanecu support for the right configuration ?

No you are looking at the incorrect section for the OP's car, his is a mk1 1.2 16v which is listed under: Fiat Punto 85 16v

Magneti Marelli IAW 18FD Injection (1.2 16V) |INFO|DTC|PRM|ACT| KL 3-Pin
Bosch ABS 5.3 |INFO|DTC|PRM|ACT| KL 3-Pin
TRW Airbag MY97 |INFO|DTC|PRM| KL 3-Pin
TRW2 Airbag |INFO|DTC| KL 3-Pin

You don't need any of the coloured/numbered MES adapters for any of the mk1 puntos, thats a feature of the newer OBD compliant cars ;) KKL/VagCom cable and fiat 3-pin adapter is all you need for all mk1 puntos

Last edited:
Back