Technical Help Ecu !!!

Currently reading:
Technical Help Ecu !!!

shash

Hi,
My car (Punto, mk1, sx75, 1995) just stops while driving !! and after while restarts then stops the technician informed me that there is a problem in the ECU:confused: (but the code light is NOT on) IF im to replace the ECU what are the things that I need to look at ?? and I live in Sri lanka, we don’t have parts here:bang: so I need to find a matching part 4m e.bay or some place
Can anybody PLEASE HELP ME, also the technician told me if the ECU is without the FIAT code (an older model) then it becomes less complicated and can be directly replaced without having to replace the locks etc, is this possible??
Any help is appreciated, Thanks

Thanks, Dave
if it has something to do with lambda or temperature sensor, wont it be shown by the Temperature gage?? And also the garage told that electricity is not coming !! they checked it by putting a screwdriver in to the spark plug wire :cry::cry::cry:

I know:D, BUT this is sri lanka !!! First they wanted me to change the TDC sensor (whtever that is) after changing it, the problem is still the same I will ask them to check other sensors, now they have a guy working on it who knows about ECU's he is trying to find the problem. any thing i can ask them to check??
Thanks a lot 4all the help
PS: it cant be the coil pack bcoz, the car is running normally, some times while driving it stops and after a little while its ok again, the same pattern continues

Last edited:
Tried doing that, coils are ok:bang:
PS: some times the spark is available & some times not

Last edited:
one pack was changed 2months back!! i will get them to check that, but if one pack is working then the engin still will run, in that case both packs must be at fault:(

one pack was changed 2months back!! i will get them to check that, but if one pack is working then the engin still will run, in that case both packs must be at fault:(

Could it be the main engine block earth?

If that's dodgy and not alway making a connection, that would explain why the engine stops, because it would prevent a spark wouldn't it :confused:

If you nee an ecu ihave an ecu, ignition barrel, red key + blue key imobiliser unit and ring with full set of locks for £75

I have Checked, Lambda, TDC, Coils & Engin block Earth they all function:bang:

If you nee an ecu ihave an ecu, ignition barrel, red key + blue key imobiliser unit and ring with full set of locks for £75

Lo Sab
i dont want to jump the gun or thread for that matter but if Shash does,nt need your parts then i'am certainly interested as my daughter lost all the keys to her 97/sx/75 :confused: and its now immobilised the ecu is 1.2-75-cm mpi fase 2, what referance is your unit ?.

Thanks
Puntit ;)

Back