Technical ECUS compatibility between 1.2 and 1.1

Currently reading:
Technical ECUS compatibility between 1.2 and 1.1

theweich

Hello everyone,

I currently have a Seat Panda 4x2 that I am converting to 4x4 with fiat fire engine.

I have bought an engine from Fiat Punto with reference 176B6000 which in theory corresponds to a 1.2 60hp SPI.

The scrapyard sold it to me with wiring but without ECU and sold it to me as a 1.1 54hp but by reference it is a 1.2 60hp SPI.

The ECU I have is a IAW 6F.SB which corresponds to a fiat punto 1.1 SPI.

Is there any problem using the 1.1 control unit with a 1.2 engine? As far as I understand there is no problem.

Does the control unit have Immo?

Hello everyone,

I currently have a Seat Panda 4x2 that I am converting to 4x4 with fiat fire engine.

I have bought an engine from Fiat Punto with reference 176B6000 which in theory corresponds to a 1.2 60hp SPI.

The scrapyard sold it to me with wiring but without ECU and sold it to me as a 1.1 54hp but by reference it is a 1.2 60hp SPI.

The ECU I have is a IAW 6F.SB which corresponds to a fiat punto 1.1 SPI.

Is there any problem using the 1.1 control unit with a 1.2 engine? As far as I understand there is no problem.

Does the control unit have Immo?
I suspect it will not give you the power that a correct ECU would, fuel metering etc. I don't know about the immobiliser side.
I once fitted a Nissan Micra 1000cc ECU to a Nissan Almera with the bigger engine, I was trying to sort an immobiliser issue by substitution (turned out to be the radio) but although the engine started and ran OK , performance was not as good.

I suspect it will not give you the power that a correct ECU would, fuel metering etc. I don't know about the immobiliser side.
I once fitted a Nissan Micra 1000cc ECU to a Nissan Almera with the bigger engine, I was trying to sort an immobiliser issue by substitution (turned out to be the radio) but although the engine started and ran OK , performance was not as good.
In my case the panda does not have any inmo source system, the idea is to keep it that way, I had been told that the mk1s do not have inmo but I already doubt my source hehe.

This same person claims that he has run a 1.1 54hp with an ecu from a 1.2 75hp and should have no problems but I said, I can not assure me nothing

I add some information to the matter, I have read on this forum that certain ECUS have an ECOL label so it does not have immo.

I add some information to the matter, I have read on this forum that certain ECUS have an ECOL label so it does not have immo.
I do have a book with ECU pin outs including some early Bosch 1AW SPI though it ends about 1998/9 if you have a bit more information. It lists 176B4000.

I do have a book with ECU pin outs including some early Bosch 1AW SPI though it ends about 1998/9 if you have a bit more information. It lists 176B4000.
What is the name of the book? Where can I find it?

What is the name of the book? Where can I find it?
It is Haynes Engine Management , two volumes first is Alfa to Mazda 3558, second Merc to Volvo is 3578.
They only go up to around 1998/9, if you are only interested in the Bosch 1AW I could give you a photo if you give me more info. Sorry about the photo.

Attachments

• DSCF0620.JPG
    DSCF0620.JPG
    442.7 KB · Views: 38
It is Haynes Engine Management , two volumes first is Alfa to Mazda 3558, second Merc to Volvo is 3578.
They only go up to around 1998/9, if you are only interested in the Bosch 1AW I could give you a photo if you give me more info. Sorry about the photo.
Well, if you have any information about the pinout of the IAW 6F.SB and IAW 16F.E3 ecu's I would appreciate it!

Well, if you have any information about the pinout of the IAW 6F.SB and IAW 16F.E3 ecu's I would appreciate it!
It seems to be either SPI , MPI or DIS , on the previous poor photo was it possible to identfy with vehicle was nearest using engine code also?

Attachments

• DSCF0621.JPG
    DSCF0621.JPG
    437.9 KB · Views: 49
  • DSCF0622.JPG
    DSCF0622.JPG
    432.6 KB · Views: 51
  • DSCF0623.JPG
    DSCF0623.JPG
    442.1 KB · Views: 59
Back