Help, Alfa Guilietta 2.0 jtdm fault code p1305

Currently reading:
Help, Alfa Guilietta 2.0 jtdm fault code p1305

High guys,
hoping you guys can help, used to have a stilo and you were always on the ball when it came to that(y)So hoping you can be as helpful with our guilietta.
Last week it came up with a egr code on multi scan ecu so i got the egr cleaned, also the start stop system was failing and a relavant code was thrown up for that at the same time. I replace the neutral position sensor on the gearstick as the wires had broken, plugged it back in to multiscan to clear the codes and get rid of the engine warning light on the dash to then get another code thrown up of p1305 neutral signal learn.

I was thinking it was the start stop sensor that i had replaced but on typing the code into google some paces are suggesting crankshaft position sensor and others are suggesting egr position sensor.

I think it maybe a coincidence they all happen around the same time.
I have searched the Alfa forums but cant get any sense out of them. so hoping you guys can help.
Still got my Panda Mk2 that i use most days and never does owt daft like the ALFA.

Last edited:
A list of Fiat Specific P Code I have gives:

P1303 EGR Calibration Fault
P1304 EGR Calibration High
P1305 EGR Calibration Low

HOWEVER!!!!! this is a generic Fiat list I got from somewhere some time ago. I also know that for example the some Ducato P codes have different descriptions from other Fiat same codes.

You say "multi scan ecu". Do you actually mean "MultiECUScan" (as in http://www.multiecuscan.net/).

If so then I would be inclined to believe MES. If not then you said you had EGR issues which were supposedly sorted and now have a P1305 which *could* also be an EGR code.

yeah thats the way i was thinking. Its just yhe termimolgy that multiscanecu uses
"nuetral signal learn".
Before i had the egr cleaned it said interittant egr with a code.

Back