Have I got the cheapest insurance for my age?

Currently reading:
Have I got the cheapest insurance for my age?

to catch me theyd have to prove it which is fairly impossible unless they fit some spy cameras outside my house and have all the video monitored so they could see if i am using it more than my grandad.

i have searched and searched for reasonable priced insurance and have failed... my mate is insured in his dads name, has a car with a bodykit and alloys, gets pulled all the time and the police havent even argued with him about it, also another mate crashed his saxo and got paid out when he was a named driver.

its easy for the older folk to just say oh do it by the book your not the people being quoted £1600 to drive a 900cc car!

to catch me theyd have to prove it which is fairly impossible unless they fit some spy cameras outside my house and have all the video monitored so they could see if i am using it more than my grandad.

i have searched and searched for reasonable priced insurance and have failed... my mate is insured in his dads name, has a car with a bodykit and alloys, gets pulled all the time and the police havent even argued with him about it, also another mate crashed his saxo and got paid out when he was a named driver.

its easy for the older folk to just say oh do it by the book your not the people being quoted £1600 to drive a 900cc car!

You arent going to save any money in the long run. My mate, been on his dads policy as a named drive just turned 20 cant get his own insurance on anything good as he has no NCB so stop being a tight sh*t and get your own insurance, get your NCB then when you want to get a good car you will be able to as you will have your own NCB

I bet I have the cheapest insurance of any age!!

Sorry to upset you youngsters, but you can look at it like this. You may pay more for car insurance, but you'll pay less for life insurance:D

I drive Citroen C1 rhythm. Group 1e, the lowest.
Me, 38 and my wife 32 fully comp. max no claims.
£29 :eek:

18, one years NCB, fully comp with both parents as named drivers on a 2.0 omega = £900 (for 9 months)

19, 1 years NCB, fully comp with no named drivers on 1.2 16v sporting mk2 punto = £1200 for a year

cant wait till it goes down a bit, oh and btw dont ever take out a 9 month policy with norwich union, the "1 years NCB" that they offer only works with them :bang:

I bet I have the cheapest insurance of any age!!

Sorry to upset you youngsters, but you can look at it like this. You may pay more for car insurance, but you'll pay less for life insurance:D

I drive Citroen C1 rhythm. Group 1e, the lowest.
Me, 38 and my wife 32 fully comp. max no claims.
£29 :eek:

you lucky b*%!"$d lol

At 26 i pay £323 on my hgt 3years ncb and my 2 learner sisters on the policy,
thats with £150 excess,

what seems to make the biggest difference is what you do,

i am a chef, but if i put that down my quote is usally about £300 more,

but as a company director, (which i am so no fraud) it brings it down to what you see,

the other thing to consider is if you get an old mans car i.e volvo 360glt you will pay less than a punto, as the don't belive it to be a high risk car, but i never seen a punto power slide!!!:slayer:

Trust me, you normally have to fib to get it legit, and even very good liar's will trip up once in a while, and also, because they may suspect fronting anyways (they always do) they keep and even closer eye on you, as I say, trust me, been there, done that, and unfortunatly got the t-shirt!

you can lie and you can tell the truth, i have never lied on my insurance even when i got drink driving conviction, that was 9 years ago, and i paid through the nose

started at 18 on parents insurance and third party at that and it was 1200 on a fiat seicento 899cc
then again at 19 now with my own insurance but oh dear no ncb because i went on my parents (i wouldnt advise going on your parents, you feel it afterwards when you have to pay for it all yourself!) Comprehensive was 1800 and third party was 1200, i went third.
This july just gone, im now 20 with 1 ncb and a car that struggles up hills, no mods, no alterations and im still on 83 pounds a month. In the classified section the guy selling the punto i think it is (for 1000?) said his all disclaimed mods with the car and the insurance is around 700?

I think i definately need to shop for better insurance.

£600 as a learner on a mk2 with my mums 5 years NCB and me as a named driver. £530 the next year when I had passed and £450 this year.

Always full comp and I've changed provider every year. Not bad I don't think.

Back