Have I got the cheapest insurance for my age?

Currently reading:
Have I got the cheapest insurance for my age?

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: id cry if i had to pay over a grand for insurance!!!

my first was fully comp on 899 cinq, 17yo 0 ncb, all mods declared ( body kit, respray, alloys, tints, ice, exhaust etc) was £800.

Now on a 1.1 sporting (tpft) at 21 with mods declared 4 years ncb running on a mirror policy i's £300.

the purple one is £750 on fully comp 4 years ncb, the reason its slightly more expensive is because its on a agreed value policy, with like for like cover on mods.

Last edited:
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: id cry if i had to pay over a grand for insurance!!!

my first was fully comp on 899 cinq, 17yo 0 ncb, all mods declared ( body kit, respray, alloys, tints, ice, exhaust etc) was £800.

Now on a 1.1 sporting (tpft) at 21 with mods declared 4 years ncb running on a mirror policy i's £300.

the purple one is £750 on fully comp 4 years ncb, the reason its slightly more expensive is because its on a agreed value policy, with like for like cover on mods.

OMG, you lucky person, but not being funny, its easier for females, which wind's me up.

:D wait till your an old fart... 100 hp, 3 years ncb, renewal in august with a £150 excess......£246......:p i might even be able to get it cheaper !

When i were a wee lad, my dad bought me a nice posh '83 bmw 528i for my 18th birthday, that cost me £1200 tpft in 1989. Now i'm old, grey and going senile i've just forked out £106 tpft on the uno 60S :D

When i were a wee lad, my dad bought me a nice posh '83 bmw 528i for my 18th birthday, that cost me £1200 tpft in 1989. Now i'm old, grey and going senile i've just forked out £106 tpft on the uno 60S :D

and how old are you now?

Dad's paying about £70 a year to insure his 999cc Panda, and thats fully comp:p

I so can't wait until I'm paying that little.

some of you guys are being stung. i pay £432 per year for my 1.1 punto L reg with 1 year NCB and im 20. i am going to be 21 soon and am getting a 1.8HGT W(2000) reg that will cost me £900-ish fully comp

hey all,
i was 19 brought 56 reg grande punto sporting 1 month after passing my test paid £1700, fully comp after 1 year i only paid £600 fully comp . bit of a price drop in just 1 year. i thought was pritty good(y)

Some of you are being totally ripped off.

1 years NCB at 18 on an 18 month old 1.2 Panda £550

Now 3 NCB on 4 1/2 year old panda £450

Most easterly panda what is your year of reg and value of car?

heres a good question: all these people getting such good quotes, wer are you getting these quotes and how did you come about getting them?

im 20, 1 yr named driver ncb, 1.2 stilo full comp £1200 :(

sorry how is everyone getting these quotes, i am 18 and i am goin in for my test in a couple of weeks i tried getting some quotes and was getting quote £2000, any tips for getting it lower ?

Some of you are being totally ripped off.

1 years NCB at 18 on an 18 month old 1.2 Panda £550

Now 3 NCB on 4 1/2 year old panda £450

Most easterly panda what is your year of reg and value of car?

July 1993 (K-reg) worth £500 with mod's (front lights) declared.

Emma, how much is your excess and what is your cover (tptf.fully comp?)

sorry how is everyone getting these quotes, i am 18 and i am goin in for my test in a couple of weeks i tried getting some quotes and was getting quote £2000, any tips for getting it lower ?

The higher the excess you set, the lower the initial cost, but if you do have a smack you have to claim for, it can become pain full!

I was getting quotes with the minimum £350 young driver excess and they were coming in at £1600+, I added £50 to bring it to a £400 excess, and that brought it down £300! So even if I do have to claim and pay that £400 I'm still £250 saving. (y)

But it will only work so far. You won't find a company insure you for £100 because you've set a £900 excess. I'm not even sure if you can set one that high :confused:

Jon.

I'm 20 paying about £550 to insure my Mk2 Punto (W) fully comp with £500 excess and both mum and dad as named drivers, oh and 2 years ncb. First year was nearly £1400, second was under £700, now in my third. I'm soon changing to a Panda 100HP which only puts me up one insurance group, and is only going to be an extra £80 on my annual premium, which I was quite pleased with.

im 17 i went with direct line. got a mk2 punto 1.2 16v. fully comp insurance as named driver with dad as 2nd driver cost 2200 as provisional but doesnt go up when i pass and 20% back when i take pass plus.

Back