Have I got the cheapest insurance for my age?

Currently reading:
Have I got the cheapest insurance for my age?

I havn't passed my test yet but i've been ringing around for quotes to give me an idea. I'm 20 years old btw.

Will be getting a Series 2 GPS 1.4 T-Jet. Been quoted £1100 fully comp with £600 excess. Not bad i thought.

Starting off with something slower will help you alot in the long run. Im glad i didnt go to something as quick as a Tjet. It will suprise you how quick you can get to very illegal speeds and i know if i had gone straight into one i would of written it off most likely lol

23 years old, fully comp, under 200 quid for insurance on my new bravo, inc wife, and 6 years NCB,

i can insure the marea for 300 approx with no NCB, again inc the wife, oh and the marea is the 2.0

heres a good question: all these people getting such good quotes, wer are you getting these quotes and how did you come about getting them?

im 20, 1 yr named driver ncb, 1.2 stilo full comp £1200 :(

I'm 21, 1 year named driver ncb, 1 fault crash, 2003 1.2 stilo fully comp with a named driver on my policy (I'm the main driver) and it's about £600-650. Can't remember the exact price but around there. CIS/Co-operative.

Oh but I am in a low risk area I think.

Which company is everyone with, the cheapest i found was quinn-direct
A couple of people recommended Quinn to us. I just got a quote from them for my 19 year old student son - £2905 :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: on a 2001 899cc Seicento!!

Problem we are having is that at the moment my son is a named driver on my wifes policy. It is her Seicento but we did buy it (to replace her older car) knowing that our son would be driving it. The policy has gone up every year since he went on it, it was £319 fully comp before he passed his test. Every time we get a quote we are more or less accused of fronting, which is not the case as he is at university in Manchester and only comes home odd weekends so only occasionaly uses the car during term times although he has used it more during the summer break. Renewal price this year from LV is £591 which is begining to look like the best we'll get.
Ian.

Im 21, been driving just over a year, had 1 fault accident (0 no claims), yet my premium on my 150bhp 57 plate Bravo was £1000 :D

My current insurance premium is rediculously overpriced but that's because I stayed with my current insurer when swapping over from the GT rather than shopping around for a better deal - I think I'm paying something like £1400 Fully Comp with £250 excess on the GP Sporting MJet, thats social, domestic, pleasure, commuting and business use class A. This also includes a major increase for paying monthly, breakdown cover, windscreen cover, legal cover and a courtesy car :eek:

I've been looking at quotes on other cars and best I've found so far is the Panda 100HP - I've been quoted £600 fully comp with a £500 excess and use for social/domestic/pleasure/commuting..... result (y) But I still think I can get it cheaper :D

BTW I'm 21, 2 years NCB and a clean licence.

Last edited:
it always helps the price if you stick a lady on your policy aswell
i put my wife on mine and it came down by almost £100

im in the same situation looking for cheap insurance, although im finding it easier now as before i had my heart set on a mk2 golf (£1800tpo anyone?)

well... cheapest so far is endsleigh at £1400 tpft that was just with moneysupermarket.com...

however with direct line if i have my grandad as the main driver and me as named its £540, im gonna pay it all cash upfront at around christmas time, and i get no claims, problem is my grandad already has a policy on his car so im not sure if he can use his no claims on a second car?:confused:

the annoying thing is with the insurance in my nans name is £1300 as she has no ncb?

also any companies take motorbike no claims?

sam(y)

You do know that having someone else as the main driver a policy and then you actually being the main driver is fraud dont you?

Also the NCB that you would earn would only be valid with direct line. You wont be allowed mods either. Some insurers do allow bikes NCB but you will have to move all of them over or none of them as you cant split them.

ok guys how about us oldies..

brava 115 4 yrs ncb fully comp wife and me 41 and 46 respectivly £197 year, actually £20 cheaper than our old laguna

well i got a quote for £850 tpft and i'm only 22 on a 1.1 sporting cinq also i have nop ncb and i have a tt99 (totting up offence)

21, 2 points, no NCB, one very expensive disputed fault crash from a while ago (still disputed as the insurers admitted fundamental errors of judgement, namely that "turning right" and "going straight" are not the same thing), 100HP fully comp...

€2500 >.<

Its Quinn, and its by far the cheapest quote I can get at the moment + if I stick with them and the insurance federation decides in my favour I've got a monster refund coming.

Last edited:
Have to renew the insurance on the Marea next month, renewal quote from Esure was £240. I went online and found a quote for £205..... from Esure:mad: Why do they do that, why not give me the cheaper quote to start with.

:yeahthat: and if you get found out, it's more hassle than its worth. Trust me, been there, got the t-shirt :eek:

its £530 if i front it, £1500 with ecar insurance at 17 with 1 years moped no claims (would have to cancel my motorbike insurance to use it though) and pass plus. the worst possible scenario is that i could get fined £1000 for insurance fraud, one of my mates fronted, crashed his 3k saxo and did have to argue a bit but had no major hassle in getting paid out

its a no brainer really, even with a 1k fine its cheaper :idea:

Back