Have I got the cheapest insurance for my age?

Currently reading:
Have I got the cheapest insurance for my age?

I've been reading all the threads and everyone is moaning about insurance prices for youngster and car with mod's.

I'm 19, no NCB, 3 points for speeding (SP30), told them about mod'ed front lights, two accidents (one not at fault and one pending, but won't come out as my fault) and on my 1.1 Auto Panda its £1280.04 FULLY COMP! with £400 excess. The next cheapest was £1600!

I put dad on as a named driver, he's got full NCB and it brought it down by £16, lol, but atleast he's fully comp to drive rather than 3rd party through his insurance.

I think mines cheap concidering, I know someone with a 1.1 N-reg Fiesta who's paying £1900 TPFT:eek:

My first ever insurance was on a 2003 Mk2 1.2 Active Sport Punto.

I was 18. No NCB and had only been driving a few weeks after passing my test.

I stuck my mum on my policy as a second named driver and only paid £775 full comp!!

Sorry guys; mines even lower.

T-reg Punto 60S 'Team' (whatever that stands for). 19 at the time of the policy being taken out, Fully Comp with no NCB, Pass Plus, Fully Comp with a max excess of £400 (depends what it is, can be as low as £100) and two addresses listed and all insured for on road parking. No parents to drag the costs down either.

£832.41

Last edited:
At 21 and g/f was 20 at time i paid just under a grand including the extra for paying monthly..

That is on a 1.9 205 gti as my main car and a Seicento turbo as her main car and both insured on each car..

Do I win :confused:

Well those prices have put everything into perpective. I was getting mighty p*ssed off that my insurance on the Sisley has gone up to £127 TPFT, last year it was £99. Respect to the youngsters, If I'd have got a quote for £1000+ when I was younger I don't think I'd have ever driven.

Oh ****.... I've just turned into my Dad!!!

Mate it all depends on how big a risk they think your postcode is. I could easily half my quote if i moved to a slightly nicer area :(

Back