General GP servicing costs........now stop moaning!

Currently reading:
General GP servicing costs........now stop moaning!

Status
Not open for further replies.
what wages:confused:

Raw_Peanuts_in_Shell.jpg

well my car will be getting its next service in March time (last fiat service to take advantage of what ever the 3rd year warranty covers should just be upto 20K miles by then...

then i think it'll be DIY time....

Was in a few local garages & picked this up at Ayr Fiat (I scribbled info down quickly so advise double checking)

first service £99 (diesel £119)
second service £149 (diesel £199)
third service £99 (diesel £99)

As far as i'm aware its not a special offer
Dont think anyone would be moaning if these prices were replicated up and down the country T, but they are not.

Good news is that you can have your car serviced at ANY garage and it will not forefit your warranty so long as they use GENUINE Fiat parts, if they do this your warranty is not void. This is an EU directive and that is why most main dealers have lowered their prices to compete in the market place. They try to keep this really quiet though for obvious reasons.

Q. Do I have to have my Fiat serviced by an official FIAT franchised dealer to keep the warranty valid?
A. Under EU regulations a car manufacturer cannot insist that its cars are seviced solely by its own franchised dealers. However the servicing agent must be a bona fida VAT registered operation and GENUINE FIAT PARTS must be used including the correct grade of Selenia oil which Fiat cars are designed to use.

So SHOP around

obviously desperate for business?

To anyone that knows the Ayr garage they are always busy but then again have a good reputation. I think its more to do with local garages (see below)

Good news is that you can have your car serviced at ANY garage and it will not forefit your warranty so long as they use GENUINE Fiat parts, if they do this your warranty is not void. This is an EU directive and that is why most main dealers have lowered their prices to compete in the market place. They try to keep this really quiet though for obvious reasons.

Q. Do I have to have my Fiat serviced by an official FIAT franchised dealer to keep the warranty valid?
A. Under EU regulations a car manufacturer cannot insist that its cars are seviced solely by its own franchised dealers. However the servicing agent must be a bona fida VAT registered operation and GENUINE FIAT PARTS must be used including the correct grade of Selenia oil which Fiat cars are designed to use.

So SHOP around

We know (well documented on this forum) but remember service counter, updates & if you have dealer history they will look more favourably in the event of any goodwill claim.

the ayr branch did a lot of work on my gps mjet and have to say thet are quite good and yes they are busy as t says.

Only reason I aint bitching abiut costs is i got a service and warranty package with my gps although not with a fiat dealer but they have in writing all work will be done to fiat specs and thier warranty will match the fiat one so hopefully I won't need it!

on a side note as my car will be serviced by a non fiat garage (Pheonix motor zone) how does this affect my 3rd year warranty as thats with the dealer rather than than fiat isn't it? so for exaple can they say say nah you don't get it serviced here so we don't honour the 3rd yr of warranty? or what the difference excuse me if ai ma being thick here lol

GP 2nd Service

I've been quoted £400 + for my GP 1.2 second service at the local Fiat main dealer (Nottingham).

How does the 3rd Year dealer warranty work on the GP - is this on condition that you stick to the service schedule with them ??

I think I'm going to go with a local garage (approx. £100 I've been told + I know they'll do a good job because our family has used them for the last 6 years) - I just can't see what the dealer is going to do differently which warrants an extra £300 +:cry::cry:

Anyway me ducks, the warranty doesn't appear to be worth the paper it's written on - bad experience with Fiat UK (see earlier threads)

Good Luck out there (y)(y)

Re: GP 2nd Service

As far as I'm aware,as long as the garage is vat registered genuine fiat parts and follow the service schedule then it would not affect the warranty.Most main dealers are in my experience rip off merchants who offer a medioca service at best,point in fact:i waited for three months for a new gearbox for my punto sporting ( under warranty) as the main dealer recond it was beyond repair:mad:.Sick of waiting for fiat to give the go ahead i visited my local independent who bled the airlock in the clutch hydraulics and instantly fixed the problem.Had the car not been in warranty and the dealer had gone ahead and put in a new box then i would have been faced with a horrendous bill that was totally unnecessary:cry:No need to guess where i get my servicing done now!

Re: GP 2nd Service

Sick of waiting for fiat to give the go ahead i visited my local independent who bled the airlock in the clutch hydraulics and instantly fixed the problem.Had the car not been in warranty and the dealer had gone ahead and put in a new box then i would have been faced with a horrendous bill that was totally unnecessary:cry:No need to guess where i get my servicing done now!

That sounds about right to me - The two guys at the local garage I use depend on repeat business and give a bloody good service. You'll find the main dealers trade under the badge, thinking that people link the name to good service + if they're paying that price, they must be getting a good job!!

The main dealers might have the fancy kit, but that doesn't mean they know how to use it :bang::bang:

I know it has been covered before elsewhere T (but im on my phone at work and am having difficulty finding it) What exactly is covered in a 2nd year service for the 1.9 mjet, i ask because if i have the list i can go round some locals and get some prices, plus my brother now works for Polar Ford and said theyd do it cheap for me. Eric Ashmole arent even answering the phone yet, going to hope i can play the 'this dealer is doing this price' card.

Cheers

To anyone that knows the Ayr garage they are always busy but then again have a good reputation. I think its more to do with local garages (see below)

We know (well documented on this forum) but remember service counter, updates & if you have dealer history they will look more favourably in the event of any goodwill claim.
Pffft... in my experience from this forum most dealers do their best to get out of any warranty obligation, and a dealer stamped service book adds nowt to re-sale values.

Doesnt have to be genuine FIAT parts just equivalent quality, that would be anti competitive and an independent garage wont give a guarantee on FIAT parts... :confused: Plus, oil... debated to death on here but its best to use Selenia under warranty but any quality oil of the same spec and grades is fine.

However, the good news is, both Sledge and I can confirmthat the "Service Coupon expired" message and the Service spanner disappear like magic around 500 miles past the Service due period, of course I DID have mine serviced befor that!!!!

First 12 thousand service £150 approx
Second 18 Thousand Service £150 Approx (it wasn't any cheaper)
Third 36 (or something like that) Im trying to put off!!

That is no where near the prices that was stated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back