General Start stop unavailable

Currently reading:
General Start stop unavailable

FiatPunto99

Hi does anyone have any idea what's wrong with my fiat punto 2010.I have stop start unavailable with check engine light.i took it to a Garage a mechanic informed me it needed a new exhaust handbrake and clutch he said it also has a error code he can't clear he thought it was the gear cable so he replaced that but it that didn't work he informed me he didn't want to start working on the handbrake exhaust and clutch till he figured out why the error code was there.The car has been in the garage for over a month he called me and told me he doesn't know what it is and he can't sort it.is it possible the error was unavailable because the exhaust is broke when I look on line most comments say exhaust sensors or map sensors I'm new to owning a car any advice would be appreciated

Last edited:
Another incompetent mechanic. Find better one, if possible in your area.
This is simple Fiat, probably 8V (8 valve)? What engine this is (petrol 1,2 / 1,4 / Diesel)?
For proper error and parameters reading you need at least "MES" (MultiECUScan) Fiat specific software. Or expensive diagnostic computer for professional workshops.

Google more on "Fiat start-stop unavailable". Your "mechanic" should too...

By the way. Start-stop is pretty useless function. Try disabling it (tell mechanic to do it). This is done via software.

Another incompetent mechanic. Find better one, if possible in your area.
This is simple Fiat, probably 8V (8 valve)? What engine this is (petrol 1,2 / 1,4 / Diesel)?
For proper error and parameters reading you need at least "MES" (MultiECUScan) Fiat specific software. Or expensive diagnostic computer for professional workshops.

Google more on "Fiat start-stop unavailable". Your "mechanic" should too...

By the way. Start-stop is pretty useless function. Try disabling it (tell mechanic to do it). This is done via software.
Hi Thank you for responding it is a Fiat Punto Evo 1.2 Petrol I will take it to a arnold clark Fiat branch do you think that would be suitable? For it.

Hi does anyone have any idea what's wrong with my fiat punto 2010.I have stop start unavailable with check engine light.i took it to a Garage a mechanic informed me it needed a new exhaust handbrake and clutch he said it also has a error code he can't clear he thought it was the gear cable so he replaced that but it that didn't work he informed me he didn't want to start working on the handbrake exhaust and clutch till he figured out why the error code was there.The car has been in the garage for over a month he called me and told me he doesn't know what it is and he can't sort it.is it possible the error was unavailable because the exhaust is broke when I look on line most comments say exhaust sensors or map sensors I'm new to owning a car any advice would be appreciated
UPDATE - the error the garage couldn't figure out was the lambatta sensor i took it to fiat and they sorted it

Back