General GP servicing costs........now stop moaning!

Currently reading:
General GP servicing costs........now stop moaning!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When i had my calibra turbo, to cut down on costs i bought the parts with the "trade club" discount i got which was cheaper than "trade" & half the price or less than retail then i booked the car in at the franchise then left the parts on the passenger seat waiting to be fitted, they could not say they were not original parts or parts they could or would not fit.

I know what your going to say, dont use the franchise for service or repairs, well, was the only garage i could use as the other local one damaged and done work that i had not authorised (& i did not pay even if it was a clutch + flywheel)

I have the 1st service booked for next week, only 4,200 miles on, so for the 2nd major service were it will have 10k max, will it still get a full service?

cause i have fully paid up front my 1st 2 services with arnold clark for £250, 1st and 2nd year

The low mileage service no longer exists for the GP, full services only (depending on purchase date).

Last edited:
Just booked mine in at TJ Vickers for its first service....

Not too chuffed with the quote.... 200 bloomin smackers!

It seems there's not just disaparity between the dealers, but between punters as well!!!! Only done 8.5k miles so far too...

Should have bought a T Jet instead....*ponders this thought*... Nah...I wouldn't have 170bhp at my disposal if I had...;)

Woooaaahhhhhhhh....the plot thickens?! :eek:

Had a phone call today from TJ Vickers reminding me my first service is nearly due...said I had already booked it but the lady could find no record.

Booked in again and asked what the cost was...was quoted at £155 for the full 18k mile service or £100 for the low mileage one? (this is before I take my £50 voucher off)

So it seems it depends not on who you are but who you speak to at the franchise on the price of the service, what gives?

I wonder what the difference is between the standard and low mileage service?:confused:

Think I might splash out on the full 18k mile one...seems reasonable at £105 after my discount!(y)

Woooaaahhhhhhhh....the plot thickens?! :eek:

Had a phone call today from TJ Vickers reminding me my first service is nearly due...said I had already booked it but the lady could find no record.

Booked in again and asked what the cost was...was quoted at £155 for the full 18k mile service or £100 for the low mileage one? (this is before I take my £50 voucher off)

So it seems it depends not on who you are but who you speak to at the franchise on the price of the service, what gives?

I wonder what the difference is between the standard and low mileage service?:confused:

Think I might splash out on the full 18k mile one...seems reasonable at £105 after my discount!(y)

How the heck will you know what service you are given. So you ask for the full service but your car apparently only needs the low mileage one. Maybe just me. But does not seem beyond the realms of impossibility that you give your hard earned cash for the full service but only get what your car requires, ie. the low mileage one. Now call me an old cynic. But am I wrong?

How the heck will you know what service you are given. So you ask for the full service but your car apparently only needs the low mileage one. Maybe just me. But does not seem beyond the realms of impossibility that you give your hard earned cash for the full service but only get what your car requires, ie. the low mileage one. Now call me an old cynic. But am I wrong?

I was thinking that.... That's why I'm hoping I can find out what's, what before I get it done to make sure I get what I pay for...

Anyone know the difference?

I was thinking that.... That's why I'm hoping I can find out what's, what before I get it done to make sure I get what I pay for...

Anyone know the difference?

But even then. How the heck do you know? Not like the serviced items on your car are going to have stickers attached saying look at me, I have been serviced.
I really am an old cynic. However, my many years of experiencing all sorts of service, from T's undoubtedly high standards, to the usual p..h has led me to believe that most dealerships dont give a feck.

Says on service sheet check engine management with examiner.....I leave printout on pass seat to prove I done it,cant speak for other garages but I know some do.

I did not even get a check sheet left, gota phone them.

I wonder why nobody questions if the engagement ring they just bought from a jewlers for their other have is real diamond and not a zircona. But people do assume a dealer is going to try rip them off with a low mileage service yet charge a full service?
Spend a grand on a ring and not even bother to check it's real but 100 odd pound on a service and before it's even went in some assume they are getting ripped off.

Because dealers have such a long and illustrious history of ripping us off.

They also have a long and illustrious history of doing free jobs for good customers, going out of their way to help good customers and spending endless hours of helping unknown people on internet forum for free!

If you want to be ripped off then go to the dentist,lawyer,plumber,electrician or pay your council tax/mortgage rates.....THATS GETTING RIPPED OFF!

Last edited:
Because dealers have such a long and illustrious history of ripping us off.

What because they charge more than other garages?
I think many are forgetting that the public do more "ripping off" than the dealers do.
How many have lied about the cause of a fault?
How many have not informed a garage of a remap?
How many have reverted a car back to standard before getting a fault checked?

Whats the result of these action. Well fraudulent warranty claims. That Fiat pays for. Then people moan about penny pinching in the cars themselves but will happily lie in order to get Fiat to pay for stuff they shouldn't.

Trust me the public are far worse than the dealers. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back