General Goodbye TA Hello A500

Currently reading:
General Goodbye TA Hello A500

A low entry trolley jack like the one in picture might be a good investment.

http://www.abarthforum.co.uk/500-abarth/how-to-jacking/

Quite right a low entry trolley jack. Mine is not low entry but will fathom out something with the options I have got available to me.

Looking at the front points, illustrated and also on JRKitching's post there is no problem with the Abarth and a low entry trolley jack. However to do the same for the rear I would have to remove plastic under shielding from either side. They don't make life easy for something so rudimentary as taking off a wheel.:bang:

Just had to replace my DRL bulbs on Sunday and just ran the front wheels up onto a couple of pieces of skirting board and my trolley jack slid under nicely.

I only jack up under the subframes, never trust the std jacking points.

Thanks Tony, good idea. When I can crouch down to ground level, in 3 and bit weeks time, will dig out my claw hammer and cold chisel and rip a few skirting boards off(y)

Got to paint callipers and fit replacement DRL's and main beams

Thanks Tony, good idea. When I can crouch down to ground level, in 3 and bit weeks time, will dig out my claw hammer and cold chisel and rip a few skirting boards off(y)

Got to paint callipers and fit replacement DRL's and main beams

Ha! Ha! I didn't go to those extremes, just used a couple of offcuts. I was in a similar situation regarding the difficulty in crouching down after fracturing my spine 12 weeks ago but if you take your time I'm sure you will be OK. (y)

Ha! Ha! I didn't go to those extremes, just used a couple of offcuts. I was in a similar situation regarding the difficulty in crouching down after fracturing my spine 12 weeks ago but if you take your time I'm sure you will be OK. (y)

Didn't realise the Abarth suspension was that stiff....

That's sounds quite painful Tony. I had a little back trouble and bruised ribs :( from a 'friendly' :rolleyes: game of water basketball on holidays but nothing like what you have. I hope you have a full recovery.

That's sounds quite painful Tony. I had a little back trouble and bruised ribs :( from a 'friendly' :rolleyes: game of water basketball on holidays but nothing like what you have. I hope you have a full recovery.

Cheers Michael, started back at work yesterday so taking it a little slow. (y)

Could always post my X-rays and CT scans to see if I could rival Maxi's hairy knee photos, lol. :rolleyes:

I was in a similar situation regarding the difficulty in crouching down after fracturing my spine 12 weeks ago

Hope all is well, I see you are back at work. being careful and taking it easy is the name of the game. Best wishes for a full rcovery(y)

I thought BDSM had a bigger risk of injuries than watersports....

My OH knows a bit more about BDSM than either of us. Can't remember if she's reading Fifty Shades Freed or Bared to You on her Kindle but from the daily updates my understanding is that the 'Sub' isn't supposed to feel real pain.;) At least it's a prettier sight than Maxi's hairy knee.:)

Attachments

• Amadorus.JPG
    Amadorus.JPG
    539 KB · Views: 26
My OH knows a bit more about BDSM than either of us. Can't remember if she's reading Fifty Shades Freed or Bared to You on her Kindle but from the daily updates my understanding is that the 'Sub' isn't supposed to feel real pain.;) At least it's a prettier sight than Maxi's hairy knee.:)
Intelligent woman, she's got a plastic cover over the kindle which is easy to wipe off :p

Intelligent woman, she's got a plastic cover over the kindle which is easy to wipe off :p

I took it off to use one day to fiddle with the settings and she wasn't too happy that it got a bit crinkled. Maybe it makes it feel likes it is still new. Good for keeping the sand out when you're on the beach.;)

I took it off to use one day to fiddle with the settings and she wasn't too happy that it got a bit crinkled. Maybe it makes it feel likes it is still new. Good for keeping the sand out when you're on the beach.;)
I bought my wife a Kindle a few years back, she is rather fond of hers too :)

Attached are a couple of pic's of what I had been able to get done so far: Dealer did a 90 mile round trip to fit the side stripes that were on 'back order'. I have replaced the original centre wheel caps which were grey/chrome, for the red/chrome ones.

Callipers to paint when I'm able to get round to it.

I have posted a video to the dealer re the tappety engine noise I can hear as I still think it's not right. I will not be able to get car to them for about 4 weeks. The guys who came to fit the stripes weren't mechanics. Link below

Attachments

• P1000657.JPG
    P1000657.JPG
    5.3 MB · Views: 28
  • P1000658.JPG
    P1000658.JPG
    5.7 MB · Views: 34
Attached are a couple of pic's of what I had been able to get done so far: Dealer did a 90 mile round trip to fit the side stripes that were on 'back order'. I have replaced the original centre wheel caps which were grey/chrome, for the red/chrome ones.

Callipers to paint when I'm able to get round to it.

I have posted a video to the dealer re the tappety engine noise I can hear as I still think it's not right. I will not be able to get car to them for about 4 weeks. The guys who came to fit the stripes weren't mechanics. Link below

Abarth Engine noise 2 - YouTube

Car is looking well. (y) Would you consider getting red mirror backs ?

On the tappety noise I womder if the thicker 10W50 Abarth oil causes additional Cam wear (& with the winter approaching) if the car is primarily used for short trips. Would you consider changing the oil to a high quality 5W40 or would you be too worried about the warranty ?

Car is looking well. (y) Would you consider getting red mirror backs ?

On the tappety noise I womder if the thicker 10W50 Abarth oil causes additional Cam wear (& with the winter approaching) if the car is primarily used for short trips. Would you consider changing the oil to a high quality 5W40 or would you be too worried about the warranty ?

Loveshandbags - Thanks for the comments. I thought about the red mirror caps, but decided against, I have seen a few photo's and for me it is a little bit too much red. :idea:

As far as the oils is concerned I'm unsure at the moment and of course with the car being new I would want to protect warranty.

OOPS!!! Just noticed my Fuelly signature is screwed up now I have gone over to the Abarth profile:bang:

Back