General Goodbye TA Hello A500

Currently reading:
General Goodbye TA Hello A500

Good on you Chas :)

I just wish there wasn't a separate Abarth 500 forum here, as now I might never see your posts again unless I remember to check in there ;)

As mentioned already a comparison of mpg or insurance etc might be handy to have posted in the 500 section :)

Cheers,
-Alex
Alex Will do(y)

Sod's law: :cry: I went over on my ankle on the my way to train station, returning home, from Italy. Thought I better get it checked out at A&E this morning. Chipped bone and in plaster (right leg) So result is new car on drive and unable to use for a few weeks:bang:

And on your way back from Italy - ah, the irony.....

Really sorry to hear that. Have it delivered to my place - I'll be happy to use it for you until you can.

And on your way back from Italy - ah, the irony.....

Really sorry to hear that. Have it delivered to my place - I'll be happy to use it for you until you can.

Robin, Just what I expected from you! You can always pop over to West Sussex and give it a clean. Nurse in A&E said I can sit in the car and rev the engine instead:D

Sod's law: :cry: I went over on my ankle on the my way to train station, returning home, from Italy. Thought I better get it checked out at A&E this morning. Chipped bone and in plaster (right leg) So result is new car on drive and unable to use for a few weeks:bang:

Tough break! :( No pun intended.

I should say that at least you didn't do what I did. Back at Easter I was running for the bus in an airport car park when we were flying out to Helsinki and fell over rather badly on my left knee. Managed to make my way onto the bus and then promptly lost consciousness. Still flew thankfully :)

Returned from holiday yesterday and picked up the new Abarth this morning. So hoping to have some fun. Sad to loose the TA, but to me this is natural progress. Red Abarth striping to be fitted next week and kick plates.

Chas, congrats from a fellow ex TA owner.

As far as I can ascertain, some come with and others come without fog's. Mine hasn't it's just the luck of the drawer.

Mine was new in showroom, hence the choice.

The ones in the showrooms were pre-production versions of the "new" A500, all new ones ordered will have the fogs.

Chas, congrats from a fellow ex TA owner.

The ones in the showrooms were pre-production versions of the "new" A500, all new ones ordered will have the fogs.

I was worried for a sec, I double checked and triple checked various sources and they all stated standard equipment. I was about to phone the dealer and make sure I had them.

I was worried for a sec, I double checked and triple checked various sources and they all stated standard equipment. I was about to phone the dealer and make sure I had them.

Sleep easy mate, below is the list of standard features:

Main standard features of Abarth 500
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]
Engine 1.4 T-Jet
[/FONT]
[/FONT]135 BHP – Manual 140 BHP - MTA
Sport mode

Ventilated front brake disks

16’’ alloy wheels

Air conditioning

Front Fog lights

Rear Parking sensors

Blue&Me system with Steering Wheel Controls

Leather steering Wheel

Radio with CD MP3 player with Steering Wheel Controls

Leather Gearlever Surround

Fabric upholstery sport seats

Available in a range of four pastel colours including
[/FONT]
[/FONT]New Legends Blue
Pack "Corsa" including:

 Inox car pedals and footrest

 Inox door aperture kick-plates
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Hey nice color nice car! Sorry to hear about the ankle, get well soon!
Are you planning on Essessing it?

Hey nice color nice car! Sorry to hear about the ankle, get well soon!
Are you planning on Essessing it?

No I'll leave it is, I'm happy to have an advance on the TA with a touch more under the bonnet. Maybe if I was 20 years younger and doing the mid life crisis over again:D

Insurance looks to be about £60 pa more and of course Road Tax from £0 to £170, not bothered about increased fuel consumption, so that'll about do it for me.

Insurance looks to be about £60 pa more and of course Road Tax from £0 to £170, not bothered about increased fuel consumption, so that'll about do it for me.

Pah! Its only money and you only live once (apologies to Buddhists or less known 'shame-about-your-life, sorry-mate, lets-try-again-eh' brigade) Enjoy!

Sorry to hear about the ankle!

Sleep easy mate, below is the list of standard features:

Main standard features of Abarth 500

[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Engine 1.4 T-Jet [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]

[/FONT]135 BHP – Manual 140 BHP - MTA

[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Sport mode [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]

[/FONT]

Woah, hold the phone....is that standard HP for all new Abarths over there? Mine is 150 BHP, 160 in Sport mode....

Good on you Chas :)

I just wish there wasn't a separate Abarth 500 forum here, as now I might never see your posts again unless I remember to check in there ;)

As mentioned already a comparison of mpg or insurance etc might be handy to have posted in the 500 section :)

Cheers,
-Alex

Cannot do anything on MPG comparisons as yet as out of the driving seat for another 7 weeks. However the Insurance!!!!!

Got my renewal quote for the A500 today, Fully comp, No Claims protected, Legal Assistance cover and Courtesy Car with my OH on policy with same excess. We have had 1 claim each in the last 5yrs and my OH clocked up 3 points for speed limit violation.

Renewal = £360. which was £160 over my last premium for the TA. I challenged this with the company and the best they could do was £280. At this I told them to cancel and I'd renew elsewhere.

Looking at the comparison sites after putting in all of my details, I noticed my insurance company were quoting £188. I phoned back again to query how this could be: Why was a long standing customer having to pay an inflated premium on renewal over a new customer.:bang:

Common sense then prevailed : Because I had indicated termination of my policy, due to expire in Oct. I could now be classed as a new customer at the £188 premium. Result(y)

It pays to be persistent :devil:

Company is Bulldog with nodding head

Back