General Which tyres are best, better or avoid....A500 2012 16"

Currently reading:
General Which tyres are best, better or avoid....A500 2012 16"

Hennoir

Just a bit of advice really,

Not looking to spend a fortune as not sure if i'm keeping the car long term, but looking to replace all 4 tyres (195/45/16) on my 2012 500 abarth with some decent but not to premium all singing all dancing tyres,

looking for any recommendations. Seems a bit of a minefield to me......

Cheers Chris

Mine rides on 205/40 17's , so maybe not relevant to you, but I had 2 Pirelli zero nero's on the back and was not impressed by their performance. Just before I replaced them (after changing winter's for summer's) I had them on the frontaxle. Found their performance horrible (maybe even dangerous). Now I have 4 Vredestein Ultrac's and they are great in wet and dry.

gr J

I'd say anything oher than premuim is going to be a waste.
Budgets are always a no-no for me. In-between tyres can probably be justified on a daily driver that goes to and from work.
Anything that you want to have fun with needs premium.

Admittedly I put premium on my kids cars, but that because I can, and they'd choose the cheapest option if left on their own.

Just a bit of advice really,

Not looking to spend a fortune as not sure if i'm keeping the car long term, but looking to replace all 4 tyres (195/45/16) on my 2012 500 abarth with some decent but not to premium all singing all dancing tyres,

looking for any recommendations. Seems a bit of a minefield to me......

Cheers Chris
Firstly I certainly wouldn’t but anything but decent tyres on a performance car. Even if you are ok with it I suspect the next owner wouldn’t be and it could easily create a bad impression of your care of the car.

Slightly bigger tyres than yours but I’ve tried Bridgestone, Pirelli P zero and Michelin PS on my performance car.
Bridgestone can’t remember the exact models but they were their high performance tyres. Very good wear, ride, handling and cornering ok ish.
Pirelli p zero. Quite a stiff sidewall giving a harsh ride but good handling and grip on good road surfaces. I suspect softer rubber than the Bridgestone so quicker wear.
Currently changed to Michelin pilot sport 4, a little early to tell but they seem very good. Ride and handling probably better than the other two, especially on less than perfect roads. I suspect they also have the best grip. Not especially cheap but that would be the ones I would recommend out of the three, assuming you can get them in your size.

Last edited:
I've never been impressed by pirelli on damp or wet roads.

We had four 500/595s.
Three had Pirellis, they were OK
I think I put Falkens on the front of the first one, and they were good, about the same as the Pirellis, but cheaper
The other 595 had Michelins from new, transformed, fantastic!
There are often deals for multiple tyres if you shop around

Back