Technical Gear Stick Not Returning to Centre

Currently reading:
Technical Gear Stick Not Returning to Centre

itsamugsgame

Hi all..
My wife has a 2013 Fiat Panda 4x4 1.3 Multijet and the gearstick is no longer centering.
I have removed the gator and cleaned the nylon ball and socket and put in clean grease but it's made no difference.
I noticed that there is a spring on the left of the mechanism which appears to be for centering the gearstick and I'm thinking that may be the problem.
Has anyone else found that to be the problem and if so, what is it called and where can I get one?
Cheers..

@itsamugsgame Have a read of this post and the guide it links to. You need to solve the problem at the gearbox end, not inside the car. The problem is caused by corrosion on (or fine silt getting into) part of the linkage on the outside of the gearbox, and often occurs (or gets worse) after driving through deep puddles or floodwater...

Last edited:
@itsamugsgame Have a read of this post and the guide it links to. You need to solve the problem at the gearbox end, not inside the car. The problem is caused by corrosion on (or fine silt getting into) part of the linkage on the outside of the gearbox, and often occurs (or gets worse) after driving through puddles or floodwater...
It looks as though that's the problem. Many thanks..

Back