General Disappointed in my 2020 1.2 Panda city cross is not able to tow

Currently reading:
General Disappointed in my 2020 1.2 Panda city cross is not able to tow

Sobby2711

I bought a 2020 city cross in August and love it, but found out sadly today that I am not able to tow a little teardrop with it. I researched before I bought it and all the sites online says is able to tow up to 800kg braked and 400Kg unbraked .
Went to have a tow bar fitted today and the VIN has the same weight on the top two lines so is unable to tow. `
i can’t understand why it can’t tow.

Anyone got round this. The tow fitting company whom I’ve used many times before are as baffled as I am

I bought a 2020 city cross in August and love it, but found out sadly today that I am not able to tow a little teardrop with it. I researched before I bought it and all the sites online says is able to tow up to 800kg braked and 400Kg unbraked .
Went to have a tow bar fitted today and the VIN has the same weight on the top two lines so is unable to tow. `

Anyone got round this. The tow fitting company whom I’ve used many times before are as baffled as I am

Hi, 🙂

So this is the traditional 1242cc FIRE motor, and a 5 speed gearbox, or 6 🤔

Just so we are barking up the correct tree 😉

It’s has 5 speed gear box and normal engine.

IMG_9610.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9609.jpeg
    IMG_9609.jpeg
    667.6 KB · Views: 24
I have just fitted a tow bar to my 2016 500 and it stated, and had the instructions to fit it to a Panda too.
Have they changed the Panda? I believe, with some cars they cut as much weight, including a spare wheel, as possible to pass emission regs.
Is this the case with newer Pandas?

I have just fitted a tow bar to my 2016 500 and it stated, and had the instructions to fit it to a Panda too.
Have they changed the Panda? I believe, with some cars they cut as much weight, including a spare wheel, as possible to pass emission regs.
I think the 500 tow bar also suited the 2005-2012 Panda as basically same cars underneath. Post 2012 Panda is bigger/wider and the 500 bar won’t fit.

As in a post above, several newer versions of existing small cars have now been marked as unsuitable for towing - probably related to engine emissions/weight limits. Older versions of the same car can still be used: it depends on what’s shown on the VIN plate.

I think the 500 tow bar also suited the 2005-2012 Panda as basically same cars underneath. Post 2012 Panda is bigger/wider and the 500 bar won’t fit.

As in a post above, several newer versions of existing small cars have now been marked as unsuitable for towing - probably related to engine emissions/weight limits. Older versions of the same car can still be used: it depends on what’s shown on the VIN plate.
Marvelous eh?

The tow-bar company said it was probably to do with the emissions, it is easier to say no towing than put it in a higher emissions bracket.

Doesn’t seem fair especially as all the information online says it can tow.

Back