General Stick or twist?

Currently reading:
General Stick or twist?

Got itchy feet to change from a Panda but I cant decide.
Ive had him 8 years and only a few thousand each year, nothing really wrong with except that bit of rust creeping in at the bottom of the arch, a (jacked in the wrong place) type dent in the sill( guess it would be financially stupid to get a new outer sill fitted?), The front bumper and hatch dont have the worlds best paint, think the car supermarket I had it from resprayed it without proper prep and the heated rear window only half works.

Is now the time to switch to something else ( Tipo,Meiva,Captur are all on the list) or would it make more sense to just keep Pandaring.

From memory, we're talking about a 1.2 pop that's now about ten years old.

I can't see any reason why you couldn't run it for another five years before needing to spend anything significant on it, so keeping it will likely be the lowest cost option by a large margin.

I don't see any point spending money on cosmetic repairs once a car gets this old, so I'd certainly not bother doing anything about the sill.

But from here out it's only going to get progressively tattier, and some of the not-so-essential stuff may stop working properly. I can understand you might fancy a change, and if you don't mind the extra cost, why not? I'm sure you'd have no problem finding a new home for it.

The biggest difficulty is finding something to replace a Panda with.

Back