Gas vehicles

Currently reading:
Gas vehicles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else make all alloy diesels? The material is up to the job, but I guess the higher costs are not worth the benefit.
Vw 2.5 td as fitted to t5 transporter and touareg
All alloy engine no cylinder liners , alloy bores are plasma coated with a tough metal (can't remember what) to stop bores wearing out

Why can't we just agree that jet fuel/kerosene and diesel are all very similar.

I’m not disagreeing, just unsure why you seems to need to try and 1up anything I put in the post, it’s fairly obvious you’re just furiously googling between posts.

Truth is in aviation there are literally dozens of different fuels and in aircraft it is extremely important to know what you are putting in. Or what an engine is designed for what flight you are going to be making could mean a need to change fuel. To start talking about any one particular fuel with authority is pointless and it just reads like you’re googling stuff without understanding.

Also from a reliability point of view a car Diesel engine can do many years of chugging up and down a motorway. While an aircraft engine is infinitely well built and reliable, if you used it like a car you’d need complete engine rebuild or replacement about once every 3-4 years. Because of the extremely high standards aircraft engine have to adhere to, that can mean replacing the cylinders.

A steel TDI engine is built to not be so finicky run it till it dies.

Therefore you can get away with using alloy in an aircraft engine because you know it won’t be misused or abused and that it will be well looked after and over hauled

Andy,

It is a great shame you feel that way.

I added the info about alloy diesel engines being used in light aircraft because you have mentioned your interest in flight in other posts and I thought you would be interested.

Sometimes I check what I post is correct with Google before posting to avoid doubt , I did check that kerosene /Jet fuel / diesel are all very similar.

If you have a problem with me send me a private message don't try and bully me by airing it out on the forum.

Regards

Jack

Last edited:
Andy,

It is a great shame you feel that way. <——- this is what I say to people to apologise when i’m not sorry at all for the thing that they have a problem with.

I added the info about alloy diesel engines being used in light aircraft because you have mentioned your interest in flight in other posts and I thought you would be interested.

Sometimes I check what I post is correct with Google before posting to avoid doubt , I did check that kerosene /Jet fuel / diesel are all very similar.

If you have a problem with me send me a private message don't try and bully me by airing it out on the forum.

It was the tangent about jet fuel that had me scratching my head, clearly from my replies I know about aviation Diesel engines they are very much the buzz word at the moment, perfect if you’ve got £48,000 burning a hole in your pocket for a 150hp Oh and a plane to nail it to.

Honestly you’re replying to everything at the moment all over the forum but it doesn’t seem you are following the thread just replying for the sake of replying..
Follow the thread.

Andy, AndyRKett

You admit that you are disingenuous when you make statements like "it is a great shame you feel that way" , I am not disingenuous, please do not judge me by your own standards.

To be clear "It is a great shame you feel that way" is in no way an apology. It was a statement that it is a great shame you have chosen the path you have, rather than appreciate another forum member trying to include something you may be interested in in a thread.

I posted regarding mostly alloy aircraft diesel engine with you in mind thinking you may have been interested.

You writing that I don't follow the threads smacks of name calling. I strongly disagree that I don't follow the threads.

I asked you to pm me rather try and throw your weight around with bullying comments visible to the whole forum.

For reasons only known to you you have decided to keep this in the forum which does you no credit at all.

No one likes being exposed to bullying behaviour or seeing it in the forum, please stop it.

Regards

Jack

Last edited:
Just because you say “bullying” doesn’t make it bullying, just because you say something “smacks of name calling” doesn’t make it name calling.

What I said is often your replies don’t feel like you are following the thread (not just this one) and replying for the sake of replying. I’m not sure where that fits into bullying or name calling, as I said your interpretation of things does not make something so (neither does mine I hasten to add)

Now don’t complain that I’ve not PM’d you, if it was so much of a hard ship you could have ignored me or you could have PM’d me.

And yes aircraft Diesel engines is something of interest, but then the need to draw some distinction on kerosene v Jet A and then starting to quote things that looked lifted straight from Wikipedia was neither interesting or relevant, I commented that aircraft Diesel engines don’t tend to run on Diesel and it seemed like you had some need to prove you have some even more in depth knowledge or something.... through the power of google.

I’m really not sure there is anything else to be said here, I’m not going to agree with you and you’re seemingly don’t have any self awareness. Just to put things in some perspective, you’ve been commenting so much on the forum you’ve racked up 1000 posts in a month.... just calm down, you don’t need to reply to everything any by doing to you do seem disingenuous

Just because you say “bullying” doesn’t make it bullying, just because you say something “smacks of name calling” doesn’t make it name calling.

What I said is often your replies don’t feel like you are following the thread (not just this one) and replying for the sake of replying. I’m not sure where that fits into bullying or name calling, as I said your interpretation of things does not make something so (neither does mine I hasten to add)

Now don’t complain that I’ve not PM’d you, if it was so much of a hard ship you could have ignored me or you could have PM’d me.

And yes aircraft Diesel engines is something of interest, but then the need to draw some distinction on kerosene v Jet A and then starting to quote things that looked lifted straight from Wikipedia was neither interesting or relevant, I commented that aircraft Diesel engines don’t tend to run on Diesel and it seemed like you had some need to prove you have some even more in depth knowledge or something.... through the power of google.

I’m really not sure there is anything else to be said here, I’m not going to agree with you and you’re seemingly don’t have any self awareness. Just to put things in some perspective, you’ve been commenting so much on the forum you’ve racked up 1000 posts in a month.... just calm down, you don’t need to reply to everything any by doing to you do seem disingenuous
Andy,

I find your behaviour bullying and you keeping this in the open forum shows that you are a bully and feel that you have something to prove. You normally pick on other people for an argument which you appear to enjoy and boost your ego.

For some reason you have decided to try and pick on me.

I am happy to say this in the open forum because you have chosen to keep it here.

I could have ignored you Andy but you could have picked on and tried to belittle someone else, who possibly would be adversely affected by your posts.

You are simply incorrect saying I don't follow the threads. You say my replies don't "feel" like I'm following the thread, if you read my replies you see that they do follow the thread.
Most of the threads I respond to are technical so following the thread is essential. If I slip up or make a mistake I admit it as soon as possible so as to avoid muddying the matter and making it harder for the op to find resolution.

As previously stated I'm here to help other members and learn from other members.

Is it really a problem that I have made a lot of posts in a short time , the overwhelming majority of which helping people with problems?

Is it your role as a moderator to stop members helping other members?

Regards

Jack

PS anyone who who is against online bullying can pm me rather use the "like this button" because if you like this you don't remain anonymous , though I don't know if Andy can see other people's pms

Last edited:
Addressing the saying something doesn't make it true comment , that is of course correct but people are generally not disposed to say they are being bullied.
Of course a bully will always say oh no I am not a bully the other person is just saying I am.
So it is not unreasonable to look very carefully when bullying behaviour is suspected.

Last edited:
Bored of this now, I’m a bully because I called you names when I said “you don’t seem to be following the thread” Ok crack on.

Best advice if you don’t want to be “bullied” as you claim, is to stop trying to correct my posts when I post and not try to post stuff you Googled you think I will find interesting.

Just to clarify as well to anyone else reading this you’re only getting part of the story and are unlike to have seen other tête-à-têtes we’ve had.

Last edited:
Bored of this now, I’m a bully because I called you names when I said “you don’t seem to be following the thread” Ok crack on.

Best advice if you don’t want to be “bullied” as you claim, is to stop trying to correct my posts when I post and not try to post stuff you Googled you think I will find interesting.

Just to clarify as well to anyone else reading this you’re only getting part of the story and are unlike to have seen other tête-à-têtes we’ve had.
Andy,

I have seen you in action trying to bully people in many ways over a few years.

A few weeks ago You got it into your mind that I was trying to "catch you out", I reassured you at the time that was not the case .
Why you would think such a thing is beyond me , perhaps you were judging me by your own standards again? I don't know.

You are now being more unpleasant and saying things that are simply not true and trying to muddy the waters for anyone reading this.

Like the typical bully someone stands up to you and you crumble.

I had given you the benefit of doubt over the past weeks but you insisted on showing your true colours.

More obvious now you are trying to hide saying this isnt our first head to head, what rubbish!

Remember you have brought this on yourself by airing this in public.

Regards

Jack

Last edited:
A few weeks ago You got it into your mind that I was trying to "catch you out", I reassured you at the time that was not the case .
Why you would think such a thing is beyond me , perhaps you were judging me by your own standards again? I don't know.

You are now being more unpleasant and saying things that are simply not true and trying to muddy the waters for anyone reading this.
I had given you the benefit of doubt over the past weeks but you insisted on showing your true colours.

More obvious now you are trying to hide saying this isnt our first head to head, what rubbish!

Literally mentions other conflict then accuses me of “trying to muddy the waters” and then I’m trying to “hide saying it isn’t our first head to head” when clearly it’s not the first and I wasn’t trying to muddy the waters I was truthfully putting something in context.

Make your mind up what you’re accusing me of then try to stick to that one thing

Now I’m not “crumbling” I’m trying to walk away from your BS for the sake of the forum and what was “WAS” quite a nice thread.

You’re the one still repeatedly contradicting yourself and pushing to carry this on this charade. As I’ve said if you’re so keen to make it more private you could have done but really all I did was give you enough rope to hang your self publicly.

Now you’re making judgements on “my standards” making comments about my “true colours” which trust me are never hidden. And calling me ‘unpleasant’. But I’m the one who bullied you....

So now I’m guessing in your mind it’s typical “bully behaviour to try to walk away, and fairly typical for the bullied to shout “Oi come back in not done with you bullying me yet”

Do you remember what I said about you replying for the sake of it? All I’m doing is defending myself against your ridiculous claims and accusations.

Literally mentions other conflict then accuses me of “trying to muddy the waters” and then I’m trying to “hide saying it isn’t our first head to head” when clearly it’s not the first and I wasn’t trying to muddy the waters I was truthfully putting something in context.

Make your mind up what you’re accusing me of then try to stick to that one thing

Now I’m not “crumbling” I’m trying to walk away from your BS for the sake of the forum and what was “WAS” quite a nice thread.

You’re the one still repeatedly contradicting yourself and pushing to carry this on this charade. As I’ve said if you’re so keen to make it more private you could have done but really all I did was give you enough rope to hang your self publicly.

Now you’re making judgements on “my standards” making comments about my “true colours” which trust me are never hidden. And calling me ‘unpleasant’. But I’m the one who bullied you....

So now I’m guessing in your mind it’s typical “bully behaviour to try to walk away, and fairly typical for the bullied to shout “Oi come back in not done with you bullying me yet”

Do you remember what I said about you replying for the sake of it? All I’m doing is defending myself against your ridiculous claims and accusations.
Andy,

I have seen you bully and put down other people over a couple of years.

Not a reply for the sake of it I was addressing your attempt at muddying the waters broadcast to the forum.

A few weeks back you were upset with me , I explained you misunderstood me and my intentions,
That was not a conflict.
There is no contradiction.

I explained to you then I'm here to help people and learn things.

" other tête-à-têtes we’ve had."

Implying that we have had many conflicts is plain wrong and muddying the waters.

Saying I just Google stuff and post it is wrong and that post stuff with a view to please you is incorrect a. Muddying the waters and insulting.

I do check fact check my thoughts with Google and don't apologise for attempting to post correct info.

Since you thought i tried to catch out You have stalked my posts and tried to catch me out and bring me down, there is proof of this.

Tonight you decided to pick on me and you have found I am not a push over.

I gave you the opportunity to talk in pm but you wanted to do it in front of the whole forum - By doing this you have proved you are a bully. You are the one who wanted to keep it public so public it will remain.

You accuse me of doing things with no facts to back it up.

I will stand up to a bully like you and yes I call after you that you are a bully who does and says unpleasant things , I will do that everyday if needs be, because I am strong enough to stand up to you, unlike others who are not necessarily strong enough to stand up for themselves.

Remember you have brought this on your self .

Regards

Jack

Last edited:
Keep replying Andy,

If you do I know you are not bullying someone else

Regards
Jack

You’re just going round in circles now repeating yourself over and over. If you have nothing new to add, then I suggest you give it a rest.

All you’ve done is taken massive umbridge to me questioning why you stated talking about Jet fuel when I made a comment about a ‘diesel’ not using diesel

This is something you have done before I comment on A and you start talking about Z then try to push the point in wrong about Z when I wasn’t talking about it in the first place.

Clearly we are not going to agree and we are not going to be friends. Time to draw a line under it and move on, continually yapping like an angry chihuahua is not getting you anywhere now and as I have stated previously I’m bored of it.

It’s clearly become about your ego and need to prove you are not a push over, what you’re now doing it the equivalent of escalating a knocked over pint into a full blown fight l, just to prove your not.

Finally as for “stalked your posts” you have posted over a 1000 times in the last month, every where i look are your posts. Trust me I am not stalking them.

I will stand up to a bully like you and yes I call after you that you are a bully who does and says unpleasant things , I will do that everyday if needs be, because I am strong enough to stand up to you unlike others who are not necessarily strong enough to stand up for themselves.

Seriously.. how old are you? Get a grip take a step back and take a look at how you’re behaving right now !!

Getting all upset and ranting like a child in a playground.

Just so you know I’m going to bed now because some of us have work in the morning and better things to do.

Last edited:
That's it Andy keep replying and insulting and name calling.

I know someone else is safe from you.

See you tomorrow

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back