General Game Over :( :(

Currently reading:
General Game Over :( :(

Don't think any of them are black.....their Barchetta is though.....

You think you have a leaking roof now, just wait till the next time you go accross the border, there will be no roof and what's left of the car painted blue....

Last edited:
For crying out loud! Stop it you lot!!!
Who will be next?
xS

Damn it Shelxs .... I think my car heard you and wanted to partisipate..:cry:

Came home from work the other week parked the B in the garage but left the door open and was just about to sit down when a neighbour knocked at my door and told me i'd made an accident?? WTF??

well, seemed the handbrake doesn't work too good and i'd forgotten to leave it in gear....

Little miss FiFi went on a joyride across the street.... met up with a neighbours car, and now looks like she needs a new rear bumper!!:cry:

She could not have been doing more than 5 MPH... what do they make these things from? will take a pic and try to post it....:mad:

Gonna take her in to see if I can get it repaired with fibreglass when I get a chance, but failing that I'm on the lookout for a new one....

Oh! dear :mad:

Ford Mondeo's had a simmilar problem when they were new dad bought one drove it home put on the handbrake went in the house, 20 min later neighbour knocked and the car was 100yrds down the street with the handbrake still on. Apparently as the disc's cooled they contracted releasing the brake but with the handle still up....

Oh no! There was a problem with corsa handbrakes i seem to remember. They denied it but there were so many accidents i think eventually something was done!
Re insurance, definitly always shop around. You don't get anything for being a loyal customer. I just saved £100 by shopping around on mine, for exactly the same cover. I switched from Direct Line to Sheilas Wheels. And I also got really angry and wrote a letter to Direct Line. They have an automatic renewal policy that you have to 'opt out' of. You can't do it online, they don't have an email address, and the only way you can get in touch with them is on a revenue generating 0845 number. Just another cynical attempt to get money out of you even when you don't want to renew your policy with them (which is what I said in my letter).
As Alan said always shop around!
xS

Ok guys

My latest update....

After inspecting the car when it returned in the wet (beginners error) Now that it has dried off I am shocked at the state of the paint job.:bang::bang:
The wing mirror which is supposed to be new has scratched all over it and it looks like a child has done the finnish sanding on it as there is a strip that feels like it has celulite. It has a new door but they used the old handles and havent touched up the pain to match. I forgot to check the weld inside the door and I cut my finger runing it down the join. Also there is little white chip marks all along the rear qtr pannel. I have contacted the garage and said my peice and they have asked me to bring it in. I told them politely to get stuffed and would be sending it to another garge to be checked over. I spoke to my insurer and they have still to get back to me but I am not impressed. My car has been off the road for 3 months now and that just isnt good enough. Does anyone know if I can claim for lost road tax ect and some form off compensation as the car will have to be sprayed again and no doubt I will lose it for another few weeks. Ricky seems to have struck gold with his bloke can you give me the name of the garage as I may have them have a look at it.
:mad:

Watty feel sorry for you , calder coach crafts is the place i used there phone no is 01501 762393/871883 they are in addiewell west calder, hopefully you will get it all sorted out soon . A guy in my work is having similar problems with his vectra used the ins approved repairer and his car came back with bits of trim falling and paint job not so good

FFS so sorry for you mate, it's horrible when you think it's left in capable hands and this happens. My first approach would be to the insurance company as it's their contract and take it from their. If you have legal protection you should be able to use that to claim back any losses.

Sorry to hear the bad news Steve :(

I worked with a guy about 10 years ago who paid a couple of grand to have his 1973 Alfa Spider resprayed a kinda lime yellow (original car colour). The car was delivered back to his parents while he was on holiday, they duly signed for it and put it in the garage. When he arrived back from his hols he wheeled his pride and joy out to inspect it and was less than impressed, they were supposed to have changed the two front wings, fixed a few small dents and re-spray it. Wings had not been replaced (despite being charged for) and there was still rust evident on the inside of the wings, filler had been used on the small dings but had not been prepared before being sprayed so the paint did not take well and to top it all there were about 3 shades of yellow over the car!

Long story short, he took the car back - owners accused him of having it resprayed after he had it delivered back, refused to fix any of the issues or give the money back! After about 18 months and getting trading standards involved he finally got his money back (by which time he had sold the car anyway)...........

It is criminal that these people can get away with this..........................

'They have an automatic renewal policy that you have to 'opt out' of. You can't do it online, they don't have an email address, and the only way you can get in touch with them is on a revenue generating 0845 number. Just another cynical attempt to get money out of you even when you don't want to renew your policy with them (which is what I said in my letter).
As Alan said always shop around!
xS[/quote]

Automatic renewal is at your discretion. Its designed for convenience if you do want to renew. You should by law get an invitation to renew about a month or so before the policy expires. this will give you the premium, no claims etc and all the T&C's. It will say somewhere that the policy will be automatically renewed unless you advise them otherwise.

All you need to do is sent the paperwork back with a note saying you don't wish to renew (keep your copy of the no claims cert from the original paperwork because some insurers make a dog's bollix of sending you it when asked).

Go to you new insurer with your paperwork and voila!

If they do renew when you didn't ask for it or advised them no then you need to write them a letter requesting cancellation and enclosing your insurance cert & disc.

That is all you have to do under law.

Direct Lines contact address...

3 Edridge Road, Croydon, Surrey,CR9 1AG. Registered in England No 1810801. FSA Registered No 202684.

Last edited:
I have to disagree with this one. Automatic renewal isn't done for your convenience - its known as 'apathy selling'. They bank on people either forgetting or not bothering to shop around. Direct Line don't ask you if you want automatic renewal, they just do it, then you have to tell them if you don't want to renew. They don't provide the simple and obvious (and cheap!) way of letting them know, either by email or simply by logging into your account and opting out there. With the technology available in this day and age there's absolutely no reason for you not being able to cancel in this way. They want you either to forget, not bother, or ring on their premium rate line so they can then offer you a deal to stay with them.
I saw an article recently that said in around 95% of cases shopping around got a much better deal than just renewing.
xS

I have to disagree with this one. Automatic renewal isn't done for your convenience - its known as 'apathy selling'. They bank on people either forgetting xS

Well you can disagree all you like. Its a free country (until Gordon the Git gets his feet well under the table) the insurers are required by regulation to give you a renewal notice before ....hell I can't be bothered

Sorry had a few beers and not in the mood to argue with women tonight.

Last edited:
quick question to all and sundry

When I first checked my car I told the garage the bumper wasnt flush and that it was bent out of shape at the ends. They told me they would fix it but this appears to have been done by putting screws in either side of the bumper just beside the wheel arch at the top. Can anyone check and see if they have these screws on there car??? I am a bit appalled if this is how they have sorted the problem and want to add it to my list of gripes.

Much appreciated

Front or rear bumper? Don't know if this pic helps, but it does look like there are supposed to be some screws from the inner arch.

Attachments

• - CIMG0521.jpg
    - CIMG0521.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 7
Front or rear bumper? Don't know if this pic helps, but it does look like there are supposed to be some screws from the inner arch.

Cheers mate

Sorry its the front bumper I cant load pics up just now so I am struggling.

Ah...:)

I'mm 99,99% sure that there's only a screw on the bottom of the front bumper, and none at the top. I'll check if I've got any pics from that area.

Back