Fuel prices rising again

Currently reading:
Fuel prices rising again

Out of interest are you planning to drop your prices for mobility equipment immediately to reflect the fact your heating and transportation costs have dropped?

that's my point my transportation costs havent dropped its been 108.9 for weeks now,
but i have had to reduce prices to get sales £100 or more off some and free delivery. Not that i am selling many atm due to most of my customer base being high risk so not going out, I also dont put my prices up when fuel goes up

Last edited:
that's my point my transportation costs havent dropped its been 108.9 for weeks now,
but i have had to reduce prices to get sales £100 or more off some and free delivery. Not that i am selling many atm due to most of my customer base being high risk so not going out, I also dont put my prices up when fuel goes up

This is your choice as a business, not dropping prices every time wholesale prices do is theirs. The business model is quite a simple one...at 4p a litre profit they make about £1.80 per average 45 litre tank which is buttons really. However they can sell possibly hundreds of tanks of fuel per hour and that is how they make cash. Currently they aren't doing the volume part of that equation so they need to do something cos the bills haven't stopped as you've noticed.

I assume you set your prices at a level where they cover your overheads + some profit to cover your time and effort and don't just sell at wholesale otherwise it's not a business it's a charity. Against a background of sales dropping off a cliff you expect another business suffering the same to reduce their revenue to help you out?

Petrol stations are very competitive business there was 40,000 50 years ago, there's about 8000 now and they were going out of business at a decent rate even before this.

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-04-01/petrol-stations-will-have-to-close-due-to-impact-of-covid-19/

I would imagine you are in a difficult position at the moment but you also have to remember lots of businesses are.

Last edited:
This is your choice as a business, not dropping prices every time wholesale prices do is theirs. The business model is quite a simple one...at 4p a litre profit they make about £1.80 per average 45 litre tank which is buttons really. However they can sell possibly hundreds of tanks of fuel per hour and that is how they make cash. Currently they aren't doing the volume part of that equation so they need to do something cos the bills haven't stopped as you've noticed.

I assume you set your prices at a level where they cover your overheads + some profit to cover your time and effort and don't just sell at wholesale otherwise it's not a business it's a charity. Against a background of sales dropping off a cliff you expect another business suffering the same to reduce their revenue to help you out?

Petrol stations are very competitive business there was 40,000 50 years ago, there's about 8000 now and they were going out of business at a decent rate even before this.

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-04-01/petrol-stations-will-have-to-close-due-to-impact-of-covid-19/

I would imagine you are in a difficult position at the moment but you also have to remember lots of businesses are.
that still dont explain how 2668GRIFFIN can get shell at 3p a litre cheaper than asda are charging when asda is usually at least 10p cheaper and asda are not suffering they are reporting record sales.

that still dont explain how 2668GRIFFIN can get shell at 3p a litre cheaper than asda are charging when asda is usually at least 10p cheaper and asda are not suffering they are reporting record sales.

Because you’re closer to london and Griffin is in the arse end of nowhere lol

The prices do get notably cheaper the further north you drive up the A12.

Because you’re closer to london and Griffin is in the arse end of nowhere lol

The prices do get notably cheaper the further north you drive up the A12.

Costco in Sheffield had petrol for 99p at start of month even my local Asda is only 103pfor petrol last I looked
This is Yorkshire so a lot cheeper then London area ?

i deliver regularly to Norfolk and its always been more expensive than my local asda.

Well Dave looks like your local stations are operating as a business.

So not selling it for less than the have to, realistically if they drop the price they aren't going to sell more as most people are putting in what they need. It's not like if it drops to 50p a litre they'll have a huge queue as most cars are off the road to all intents and purposes.

One possible bright spot would be, Saudi and Russia are in a trade war for oil and haven't stopped pumping at the normal rate. I had read that oil prices had gone into negative values as most available storage is now taken.

When we do come out of lockdown there will be a huge amount of stock that has been bought cheap, you never know that may get passed on to the consumer.

Last edited:
most cars are off the road to all intents and purposes.

they are supposed to be but if you go to out it dont seem that way looks like instead of people just doing their daily commute they are driving all over the place, the rush hours isn't as bad but day traffic seems to be heavier, i am still passing areas where dog walkers drive to and they are full of cars, seems people haven't stopped going out just driving to where police cant see them gathering. they dont all have dogs either.

update, the fuel prices in south florida are in the low 2s, 2.10, 2.05 etc.

If you do not have it yet, get the GetUpside app and it uses GPS in your area, just now I checked and I was offered a 24 cent discount per gallon!!!

I know this is an old thread. But have you ever stopped to consider the price of beer. Where I live a pint of decent bitter is £4.10 So that's £32.80 a gallon. Petrol on the other hand is roughly £6.50 a gallon.

Back