Fuel prices rising again

Currently reading:
Fuel prices rising again

Ah America....where the rest of the world is talked about like outer space...

Some of the other articles are interesting...Suzuki giving up on the US (its specialty is small cars ffs It's like trying to sell sunblock to cave dwellers), death of ralliart, and comparison of Honda to the death throes of gm...hmm

They are sneaking up again over £1.30 a litre in some places

nothing like a royal wedding and football match to distract people from the fact they are being taken for a ride again.

Thought about that one too. I knew they'd make some kind of distraction to the rising fuel prices.

we are still being ripped off, central heating oil is now 18.50ppl it was 56ppl in February but diesel is only a couple of pence cheaper. when barrel price goes up we see instant price increase at the pumps, but at my local the pump price has been the same since lockdown so price crash isn't being passed to us but creamed off again,

we are still being ripped off, central heating oil is now 18.50ppl it was 56ppl in February but diesel is only a couple of pence cheaper. when barrel price goes up we see instant price increase at the pumps, but at my local the pump price has been the same since lockdown so price crash isn't being passed to us but creamed off again,

Around here it's droped from around £1.27 2 month ago to about £1.04 now
Doubt it will giant lower due tax and fixed costs

Not like me to defend the oil industry but, sales have tanked, they have 100s of people being paid to sit and sell maybe 25% of what they used to and it's still 65% tax. They also still need to maintain their sites despite demand being basically nothing.

I don't know about you but I'm using maybe 1 tank a month if not less and usually get through 2.5 and even if it is on the road empty roads mean mpg is up about 10%.

So fewer purchases, and each purchase lasting longer on something that isn't actually a high margin product.

Last edited:
I don't know about you but I'm using maybe 1 tank a month if not less and usually get through 2.5 and even if it is on the road empty roads mean mpg is up about 10%.

I'm still delivering and a sprinter isnt that great on diesel. don't feel sorry for them when it goes up on the barrel they put the pump price up instantly, so when it starts going up again they will start adding it on when they haven't taken it off

I'm still delivering and a sprinter isnt that great on diesel. don't feel sorry for them when it goes up on the barrel they put the pump price up instantly, so when it starts going up again they will start adding it on when they haven't taken it off

If demand is low they'll be still be selling fuel they've paid a higher price for on the market and is now sitting in their tanks.

I have read that their profit margin has doubled on fuel but they usually make money on volume about 4p a litre its now about 9p. If you're selling less than half as much and your fixed costs are the same then that still means you are aren't making money you thought you would.

Supermarket fuel stations you'd hope the additional money the shop is making might help but all you sell is fuel your revenue will be significantly down.

It does go up faster than it comes down, but that is capitalism for you.

Last edited:
If demand is low they'll be still be selling fuel they've paid a higher price for on the market and is now sitting in their tanks.

but when it goes up on the barrel and they still have stock of the stuff they bought cheaper they still put the price up on the stock stuff.

heating oil price dropped again today 18.33ppl now

Shell diesel £1.05 a litre here in Norfolk it has gone down from £1.30 since lock down
With my shell rewards it get another 8p of a litre on next fill up!
LUIGI

that's cheaper than asda here

but when it goes up on the barrel and they still have stock of the stuff they bought cheaper they still put the price up on the stock stuff.

heating oil price dropped again today 18.33ppl now

Out of interest are you planning to drop your prices for mobility equipment immediately to reflect the fact your heating and transportation costs have dropped?

Back