FS Fat Club

Currently reading:
FS Fat Club

Physio update - still going well despite a minor set-back a couple of weeks ago when I overdid one of the exercises and developed pain in my ankle again. All sorted now and physio has given me a plan for getting back to running and given me permission to start using a wobble board which will be fun.

If this all pays off then I'm seriously considering training for a marathon. I did a half back in 2006 and need a bigger challenge to aim for

Whilst you boys have all been buying nice shiny things for your cars I've been spending my money on torture devices. Newly arrived today is this

20140328_184428.jpg

which looks like this underneath

20140328_184438.jpg

and the slightly easier this

20140328_184456.jpg

They're apparently meant to help strengthen my ankle but I suspect I'll probably end up in a cast again :laugh:

Am I the only one still doing this? Although judging by the scales this morning I'm not sure I'm still doing this either...

Physio appointment again this morning. He's pleased with my progress and I don't need to go back unless I experience pain again but I have to keep doing the exercises as my right ankle still isn't as strong as my left one. Speaking of which I suppose I had better go make an arse of myself and stand on one leg with my eyes shut

My intent is still here!! Motivation at a loss tho and im back on the fizzy juice, feeling heavy... but REALLY need to get my finger out beofre my holidays, for sightseeing sown the nudist beaches and all that jazz

Stop drinking and get moving!

Week 1 of the walk to run programme prescribed by the physio

20140321_094236.jpg

Slightly overdid it at 3.3 miles but I think I got away with it. Have iced my ankle just in case though

Well, thought i would weigh in here...

girlfriends mother has roped me in to some diet thing she's been doing for a little while, which she has been quite successful with. Basically you get these sachets of powder stuff which you mix with water, milk, juice, whatever you fancy really, and can also add whatever you want in to it too (within reason) such as fruit, oats etc....

Replace two meals a day with the shake, and should theoretically watch the pounds drop off :p

Well im willing to give anything a shot, im really beginning to look like a coach driver now.....

PICT0521_zpsc70cecf3.jpg

SOO, im replacing my breakfast and lunch for them, then having a 'normal' tea after work. I'm making mine with milk, and mixing fruit (currently strawberries) into it for flavour and to also help with the old 5 a day....

my current weight, heaven forbid is 14st 8 ish (tho i like to think some of that is my heavy uniform / boots...) SOO will see where i get with this! the potential mother-in-law lost over 2 stone, so time will tell if i can be as successful.

Im also going to try more exercise, im the first to admit that after driving all day long, i just wanna watch tv with my feet up when i get home, BUT i AM going to make myself go out walking etc more, and a friend is persuading me to join a fitness club too...

I guess, i'll finish with a "watch this space" and of course, Cheers:

DSC_0083_zps30b0a9f8.jpg

I weighed myself earlier in the week and don't weigh as much as I thought.

Impressive, as any leftover cakes etc are work are left in the staff kitchen for general consumption. Also May is my binge month, so not doing bad.

Realistically I think it's down to the walking to work almost every day. Plus, this last week or two, I've been going walking rond the village flyering door to door to drum up some extra numbers for the museum.

Marathons n runs n stuff can just jog on though! Good luck for yours :)

I weighed myself at the heliport...
At my lightest last year iirc I was 86kg, now up to 91...

Went to the gym on the rig 2 days ago and just belted straight into the old routine...what a mistake that was.... I felt great and fine while doing it but this is now 3 shifts later and my arms are getting worse...

If we're all checking in then weight-wise I've put back on half what I lost last year but appear to be holding steady for now. I'm still not running as I stopped doing the exercises prescribed by the physio and every now and then when out for a walk I get a reminder of just how ****ed my ankle is.

Speaking of which I should probably stop messing about on t'interwebs and go do the exercises instead...

Was at the gym for almost an hour this morning.. did 15km on the bike in 27mins and a 3 min cool down then onto weights. ..

I was able to lift with at least 5 kg more on the bar than previously. .. just shows what a decent cardio warm up can do to help you prepare for lifting. And I finished my workout 45 mins ago and my body is shaking with adrenaline and I feel as happy as I have for aaages... must have been a good workout haha

And before anyone says anything.. the was no pervy **** going on... it was a legitimate gym workout :D

Just remembered I'd updated my weight on runkeeper not so long back, was 89kg. Would say am holding steady weight wise but certainly feel much fitter an clothes are looser.

It's the competition tonight, warrior training tomorrow night, gym Friday then binge for the bank holiday lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Weighed in after the run, still 89kg. Here is the route from tonight,

CarlisleUrbanTrailRun8mile_zps96f40f4e.jpg

7.99miles, 1hr 16mins which am very happy about.

Back to the gym today, another 15km in 27min on the bike and another half hour with the weights.. will change the routine tomorrow, dont want to focus too much on the same muscle groups, so tomorrow I will maybe only do 15-20mins on the bike and then do triceps, squats, calfs and shoulders

Cheers Harper.

Came 62 of 78, so not last :) Being a glutten for punishment, went to warrior training the night. It's an hour of running, sit-ups, press-ups, squats, burpees and loads of torturous things lol Always a good session, but walking like a cripple now pmsl.

Gona be a struggle to get up at 4 for work then off to the gym tomorrow afternoon then rest the weekend.

Once you have done a couple sessions you will feel so much better I will bet, well done bud

Aye ah always push myself, thankfully not puked yet but 1day I might. Bin walling like ah shat mysel last couple of days lol, legs are easing up now, planning to re-run the 8miles this week an beat my time :)

Oh dear, things are definitely heading in the wrong direction again. Time to stop the treats and step up on the exercise front.

Garmin has gone on to charge in the hope it will motivate me

With the stress of the MOT, work etc Weds/Thurs I trained that hard on Thursday night I nearly passed out :( fortunately I and the instructors recognised the signs and I stopped before it was to late.

The up side was, the exercises we were doing meant I'm now stretched out and muscle pain free :)

Back