Technical Front window mechanism, 2005 Doblo.

Currently reading:
Technical Front window mechanism, 2005 Doblo.

Greetings everyone, I have just registered so this is my first post. We have had the Doblo for a few months and I have used the forum a few times when I wasn't sure about things but I think for this one, I need a registration and so on.
So our Doblo was hit by a taxi, he tried to overtake us, ran out of road, tried to cut in in front of us and hit the side of the van, So damage if relatively light to the door, although the wing mirror was obliterated and the handle's taken a bit of a bang. The wing is the worst, it's all out iof shape and allignment, headlight and bumper are OK strangely. Insurance are fighting things out, forgot to say the other driver fled the scene and had to be chased down, so that doesn't look good for him, at any rate we think it's obviously not our fault but will be happier when a decision is reached.
Being an older car we half expect we will end up fixing it ourselves and in order to keep it on the road we have had to dpo some 'repairs' 2nd hand mirror and trying to sort the central locking has proiven difficult, so currently the fuse is pulled, may ask about that later. What I am most interested in at present is the window mechanism. When we took the door apart to fit the mirror the clip that holds the glass in broke. I have replaced that but the window moved side to side too much. It comes down OK but whenever I try to put it up it falls forward by about 2", you can manually pull it back and it goes all teh way upbut looking at the other side there is ont about 2mm of movemen side to side. All teh runners seem OK and the rubbers seem OK so I am stumped. Wondering if there are any diagrams of the mechanism or if anyone has any experience of this.

Is it possible the brackets that hold the guides have got bent in the accident, spreading then apart, from memory they are usually held by a ten mm bolt at bottom end to allow a small bit of adjustment.
With the glass up and out of the way can you adjust and/or bend the bracket to take out the slack or is it too badly damaged?
I am sure another Forum member will have a parts diagram to help.
Pity you couldn't get the other driver to put his hand in his pocket, as I suspect given the age of vehicle insurance company will write your vehicle off and give a miserable payout.:(

Hi Mike, thanks for that. I thought from what I coiuld see tha the guides were plastic, so didn't expect adjustment. To be honest teh door isn't badly damaged and we were really surprised by the central locking issus but on further investigation we noticed marks on teh door handle indicating it was probably the first point of contact. I will llok for the 10mm bolts next tiem I am in there and if it can be adjusted I will do it. My new fetish is shaking peoples windows for latteral movement, evry one seems the same, about 2/3mm, we have close to 2 inches. It would still be good to get some kind of diagram, so will hang onfor that, might mention the locking therafter and see if anyone has any ideas, thanks again.

Still trying to get a resolution for this, anyone?
we were looking at it today, I see the bolts that hold in the runners but the adjustment wouild be the opposite way i.e. outwards to inwards where as I really need back to front. I had a look at someone elses today and can't see any difference but they have the usual 2mm of movement and I have loads. As faras I can see the only thing supporting the glass is teh plastic clip on teh regulator but there must be something else?
Been thinking and looking at tehcentral locking as well and I think I will start a separate post for that, so just about to do that.

Yes, we had the glass out, also the regulator as the plastic clip broke. I don't think it happened in the accident but we had the door partly stripped at one stage and it just seemed to give up. I can feel all the channels and the glass is in the correct place, both sides but the glass continues to fall back and forth. I am thinking there must be something other than the plastic clip to stop the glass moving about. It's just one flimsy item with one fixing that the glass can and maybe needs to rotate on, surely there has to be another fixing?

Does anyone know what this does on E.Bay,item number; 324826064871. It's a guide for the window but not sure which one, could this be the second location poit for the glass I am looking for? There is a piece of plastic glues to one side of the glass on the driver's door but it's badly broken so not actually performing any purpose. Frome the lists of cars it fits it seems to include our car but even one of teh vendors admitted they don't know where it goes.

Does anyone know what this does on E.Bay,item number; 324826064871. It's a guide for the window but not sure which one, could this be the second location poit for the glass I am looking for? There is a piece of plastic glues to one side of the glass on the driver's door but it's badly broken so not actually performing any purpose. Frome the lists of cars it fits it seems to include our car but even one of teh vendors admitted they don't know where it goes.
I had a quick look at the listing and purely a guess I would say the bottom of the glass sits in it and engages in the winding mechanism to lift up the glass , so probably not stopping lateral movement, but I repeat only a guess.:)

Thanks Mike, I got another vague reply today from a vendor, so not convinced I should buy one, it's only £3 right enough but wouild prefer if someone can tell me if it's what I need or not.
The piece of plastic we have on the car is about the same shape and size but it has been glued to the glass and only one side is still there. Has anyone else seen this on their car, it seems to fit about 3/4 of the way up the back of the glass, so it's inside the door rubber in normal operation, our's you only see now when the glass lifts and tilts forward, with the top coming out of the runner.

Thanks Mike, I got another vague reply today from a vendor, so not convinced I should buy one, it's only £3 right enough but wouild prefer if someone can tell me if it's what I need or not.
The piece of plastic we have on the car is about the same shape and size but it has been glued to the glass and only one side is still there. Has anyone else seen this on their car, it seems to fit about 3/4 of the way up the back of the glass, so it's inside the door rubber in normal operation, our's you only see now when the glass lifts and tilts forward, with the top coming out of the runner.
Is it possible yours has been repaired/glued previously, as there appears to be a hole in the plastic and I know on some Fiats the winding mechanism has a locating pin that the glass sits in and has a plastic clip on a loop that locks the mechanism to the glass. Punto Evo rear doors do for sure, as fitted one recently for one of my daughters. So basically a new window glass comes plain with nothing fixed to it but has a hole at the bottom middle to locate mechanism.

The vendor does list a part number which you can find in ePER
From there you can see it's used in lots of drawings and see where it's fitted as part 2 on this example
Screenshot_20230830-085336.png
Don't know if that helps or not

It seems to show the part that the OP was looking at on eBay, but on one side? So maybe does a different job to what I was thinking.
I see the glass picture does show what looks like the locating hole for winder mechanism I was thinking about as in daughters Punto Evo rear door.

Hi Folks, Yes that is exactly what I need (I think), I know what clip you wrer thinking about Bugsymike, I have already replaced that as the old one was cracked. Today I have poked around 2 Doblos and both have the clip on the back of the window as per the diagram. Whether there is ahole through teh glass or not I am not sure but my intention is to buy one and see how it goes, will keep you all posted. Thanks for the links Wiltshire Chris, I tink they will be invaluable in the future, assuming I can keep them on file.

Hi, I was posting from my phone so hopefully I can be a bit clearer now I'm on a proper keyboard. The link below should take you to the part summary page for the part in question:
On that page there is a 'Drawings' button that will show you a list of drawings that contain that part. You can then click on the drawing number (I chose a Multipla) to show the drawing:

It can be confusing as just typing the word ePER into a post can turn the word into a link to the parts system which is now openPER rather than the older ePER.

Hi Everyone and thanks again for all your replies.
The part did the trick, gave the window a second mounting point (there is also a hole in th glass at the side and a pin that comes with the part that secures it in place) as I thouyght it needed and that just stops it fron falling forward. I guess it was already a bit "iffy" and the acdident just "saw it off", anyway it goes up and down like everyone elses and you don't need 2 hands to help it (a bit of a nuisence when driving, although I never actually did that, only on a private road ;)
Thanks for the info about openPer andePer, I will have a better look later and keep the links for future use. Sucessful forst post, just the other one to sort now about the central locking, I think some of you have been on that too. I haven't got much further with that, too easy to just pull the fuse and forget about it but I will be able to concentrate a bit more on that now that the window's fixed :)

Back