Technical Help needed with wiring of window mechanism fiat doblo 2018

Currently reading:
Technical Help needed with wiring of window mechanism fiat doblo 2018

leslees

My passenger side window has stopped working, replaced the motor and switch and wiring,but still not working. how can I test where the fault is?

My passenger side window has stopped working, replaced the motor and switch and wiring,but still not working. how can I test where the fault is?
This might not be so straight forward. In the old days you would get a thick wire going to the window and switch and the switch would push the power one way or another for up and down.

With it being a 2018 car it could be the switch is just soft touch, sends the signal to a computer and the computer runs the window up and down.

First check fuses and relays to make sure all of them in the car are OK. Then open the working window and listen for any clicks anywhere behind the dash. This may point you towards the module or computer that is controlling the windows. If you get clicks with the working window but no clicks with the non working window then it could be there is an internal fault with the module.

Another possibility is the old fashion thick wires and direct connection of the switch to the motor, but sometimes they will have a one touch relay somewhere in the door to run the window fully up and down with one touch of the button.

Our Mercedes work vans all have electric windows that operate as pressed and will dim the lights very slightly if held down when already fully open or closed. The newest (23) van is the only one that does not to do this. When you pulse the button, the window steps about 50mm every time and there is no dimming of lights when at end range. Bear with me now - The wipers have Merc switches (obviously) but the actions are just the same as Fiat right down to the (annoying) double wipe when you use the flick wipe switch. I think they all use the same control modules (probably Bosch) but as the fully electronic window controls are quite new, it's unlikely that Fiat had them on a 2018 Doblo.

Back