Technical Help with Doblo door mechanism

Currently reading:
Technical Help with Doblo door mechanism

Sparkerboy

Hi I’ve just got a Doblo and the back door only opens from the inside by pulling the silver lever down

I’m “assuming” there should be something between the bottom white clip that goes down when the outside handle is pulled and the silver lever above or am I wrong??

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_7693.jpeg
    IMG_7693.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_7694.jpeg
    IMG_7694.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 27
Hi I’ve just got a Doblo and the back door only opens from the inside by pulling the silver lever down

I’m “assuming” there should be something between the bottom white clip that goes down when the outside handle is pulled and the silver lever above or am I wrong??

Cheers
There’s also this lock which I have no key for🙈

HELP!!!!! Lol

Attachments

• IMG_7696.jpeg
    IMG_7696.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_7695.jpeg
    IMG_7695.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 18

Cheers

Attachments​

• IMG_7693.jpeg
    IMG_7693.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7694.jpeg
    IMG_7694.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
Quote Reply
Report •••

OP

Sparkerboy

I have a 2010 Doblo Maxi van, but in fairness I am not looking at pulling panels off to inspect.
However looking at your two photos, assuming if the catch in the top photo actuates the lock and that bottom white clip moves when you work the mechanism I would try making up a link using a bit of 1/8th welding rod or similar bent to fit in the holes. The top one is probably just a hook shape through the hole and the bottom one an L shape that goes through the hole and the white plastic clip revolves around to clip into place. If you turn the white clip anticlockwise so that an L shape rod will drop through hole then as you turn the white clip clockwise again it should clip over the rod to hold in place.
A little trial and error bending the rod to suit should do the job.
Other than that it is a trip to the breakers or look on the parts screen at the Fiat Dealers to identify what to order.
The reason I suggest bending a rod to fit is, I have done this on front door locks in the past so know it is possible.:)

Cheers

Attachments​

• IMG_7693.jpeg
    IMG_7693.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7694.jpeg
    IMG_7694.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
Quote Reply
Report •••

OP

Sparkerboy

Hi 🙂

Do try the Lock barrel in vertical, horizontal and a combination of positions..

There Is a chance its actually all there and connected...
Just "In the wrong mode"

I have a 2010 Doblo Maxi van, but in fairness I am not looking at pulling panels off to inspect.
However looking at your two photos, assuming if the catch in the top photo actuates the lock and that bottom white clip moves when you work the mechanism I would try making up a link using a bit of 1/8th welding rod or similar bent to fit in the holes. The top one is probably just a hook shape through the hole and the bottom one an L shape that goes through the hole and the white plastic clip revolves around to clip into place. If you turn the white clip anticlockwise so that an L shape rod will drop through hole then as you turn the white clip clockwise again it should clip over the rod to hold in place.
Other than that it is a trip to the breakers or look on the parts screen at the Fiat Dealers to identify what to order.
The reason I suggest bending a rod to fit is, I have done this on front door locks in the past so know it is possible.:)
I stripped a piece of cable and used the copper between the top lever and the white clip and it is working fine now
Thanks for your advice

Next two problems lol my son in law viewed this van for me and he must have had a blindfold on lol
The sliding door doesn’t open from the outside but I can’t see how to make the handle release the catch I’ve got the door card off but can’t see anything obvious???

There’s a hell of a rattle from high up in the back quarter of the van when van being driven sounds like it’s between the tail light and the metal pillar in the van???

Next two problems lol my son in law viewed this van for me and he must have had a blindfold on lol
The sliding door doesn’t open from the outside but I can’t see how to make the handle release the catch I’ve got the door card off but can’t see anything obvious???

There’s a hell of a rattle from high up in the back quarter of the van when van being driven sounds like it’s between the tail light and the metal pillar in the van???
Wasn't his mates van was it?;)
Take a photo to jog my memory, if I get a chance I will look at mine tomorrow, unless some one else on Forum can help.
If it was a work van often people leave stuff in the channel below the roof on the inside and it can drop down towards rear light units etc. inside the body/frame. Best to remove in case something shorts the wiring.

Wasn't his mates van was it?;)
Take a photo to jog my memory, if I get a chance I will look at mine tomorrow, unless some one else on Forum can help.
If it was a work van often people leave stuff in the channel below the roof on the inside and it can drop down towards rear light units etc. inside the body/frame. Best to remove in case something shorts the wiring.
I’ll need to remove because it’s driving me bonkers lol

It sounds like something rattling in the area above the light cluster and inside the body/ frame so fingers crossed that takes that problem away

Only how to get the side door open now to crack (well except my son in laws head lol)

I’ll need to remove because it’s driving me bonkers lol

It sounds like something rattling in the area above the light cluster and inside the body/ frame so fingers crossed that takes that problem away

Only how to get the side door open now to crack (well except my son in laws head lol)
Found the rattle it was the shock bush was goosed so new shock ordered - end of rattle

Still struggling to see how the sliding door opens I’ve taken the internal panel off but it’s not great view but when the handle is pulled outside it just moves the mechanism but it doesn’t appear to be connected to anything maybe I’m being a div but can anyone help please

Found the rattle it was the shock bush was goosed so new shock ordered - end of rattle

Still struggling to see how the sliding door opens I’ve taken the internal panel off but it’s not great view but when the handle is pulled outside it just moves the mechanism but it doesn’t appear to be connected to anything maybe I’m being a div but can anyone help please
Photos?:)

Back