Styling Footwell neons to work with Interior Light

Currently reading:
Styling Footwell neons to work with Interior Light

LEDs will struggle to pull 1 amp. If it blows you did it wrong. But of course that's what a fuse is for. :)

Last edited:
Bringing this back for one last hooray!

Gents, it has been done! Majorly happy with how its turned out! Props to you all for all your help, couldn't have done it without you.

In the end, I didn't bother putting a fuse in, and everything still works, so its al' tickety boo!

I went a bit free style on my wiring route, but its all pretty much hidden, so that's all that matters right?

Right, what next?

I'm thinking of getting some for the rear footwells too, and just piggy backing them off the wiring from the front (I assume that's the done thing?) Other than that, colour coded wind mirrors and rear light / side repeating tinting is definitely next!

I shall endeavor to get photos when it gets dark to show the full effect.

well done and yeah piggy backing is fine and i only put a fuse there so it blows that fuse and not the one in the fuse box so if it did blow like it has done before when i ripped the cable out the LED strip and the wires touched at night i could still use my courtsy light too see what im doing :) what led strips did you get in the end?

i see :p im going to wire neons up too my front grill soon once i got the mesh so ill make a guide on that too, ill have a switch and it coming from the cig lighter but nice work did u get a pic?

Only on my phone, and the camera is completely gash, so gonna get my SLR and tripod out in the next couple o' days and get a decent photo.

Maybe this thread isn't dead! :eek:

I've just ordered some more LED strips to go into the rear footwells!

And I'm really considering putting some underneath, to make an all round glow when I open the doors, or am I getting too chavtastic with this one? :p

ummm maybe getting a little too happy with the leds haha! personally im not a fan of full neons like that.. but i like the neons in the grills :p but its personal choice :)

I know, once the led strips are fitted in the rear footwells, I'm gonna leave them for a while, and get onto some of the other stuff on my " to do " list

I know, once the led strips are fitted in the rear footwells, I'm gonna leave them for a while, and get onto some of the other stuff on my " to do " list
i know that feeling :p ive got to fit a new clutch asap mines slipping summot terrable people think im reving at them but im just trying the get the clutch to bite :eek: another cheap mod is tinting rear lights and window tinting film

Fiats lose the pressure plate long before the friction plate is slipping.

If its been slipping for long the flywheel will be ****ed.

10:1 a Punto with a slipping clutch has a leaking gearbox seal = input bearing has failed.

Usual cause is low oil in the gearbox so bearing runs dry on engine start.

Last edited:
the clutch has been notiacble for 1 month.. and its not that bad if i lift it quickly but then i got to aviod wheel spinning but its when i gradually lift it is when it slipps on a flat bit of road its fine i put car in 3rd gear with handbrake on lift up clutch it moves the car a little then stalls so cant be that bad? no gearbox oil is leaking atm if the fly wheel is naff ill just whack a new on one while i got the clutch off doing some ones decking so thats 500quid it will be plenty :p

Please yourself
10 to 1 its a gearbox bearing leak onto the clutch. It needs not much oil to make the clutch slip. See the thread by Mr Wild on replacing the bearing.

Last edited:
Back