find your town

Currently reading:
find your town

You sure I've been to Banbury and I'm from Portsmouth so there should be a post saying that portsmouth chav's get posh as they have slated portsmouth for everything else!

I'm not a chav though. I promise. I have never owned fake burberry or reebok classics!

The places I looked up fully deserved their comments ;) Quite a few smaller towns I am familiar with around Nottinghamshire have posts.

My town has TWO comments!!!

"Visit Trowbridge, a place Thomas Cook would describe as "Lively" a world of McDonalds sunday dinners, glass filled scotch eggs, the home of Isaac Pitman ( the inventor of shorthand don't you know) and view chav wildlife in all its splendour

Their natural habitat is the well renowned Snooker Club, see them perform a tribal dance to the tunes of Scooter. For a quieter life, there are alternative places, although you are likely to be be beaten with a Pool Cue for not conforming to the Chav tribe

For history visit the underage Psychic Pig club ( or Jitter club) as the chavs may say. This has been a area of tribal conflict for many years.

Sadly, this club has now moved to the former pole dancing arena Club FX. Only today I read an article in the Wiltshire Crimes (Times) paper about how Jitters will be welcomed into the club as "a place where people can come out and have a good time and they're not going to get chucked out for being sick or falling asleep" This haven of hymen popping will soon be over run by the kebab breathed chavs, expelled from the 'spoons for an evening of blood shed.

Recent events include jaded popsters 911 playing in the park, whilst someone forgot to take their child home from Asda car park at 3am."

no1sourlung said:
You sure I've been to Banbury and I'm from Portsmouth so there should be a post saying that portsmouth chav's get posh as they have slated portsmouth for everything else!

I'm not a chav though. I promise. I have never owned fake burberry or reebok classics!
is banbury posh then :confused: :p

Most of the comments about Portsmouth are true as well.

I was even shocked today whilst I was in the city centre. I saw the usual tramps sat there with their cider or super strong but tastes like ****e lager, BUT......

One of the tramps had taken his on tankard with him and was just sat on the bench drinking as if he was in a pub. I made sure my lunch was in my hand that was furthest away from them though!

Pikey homeless people!

Neofolis said:
Where I live, most people haven't even heard of the word Chav, but there's still plenty of them about. That said the locals are worse than the chavs.

1st time i went there, there was a load of them in the car park opposite this pub!

I live in Essex the chav capital of England. Check this out for Basildon - totally true!

Onward towards the A13 and take a left towards Pitsea... Taking care never to actually stop the car rolling in case any parts get stolen

Before they put up barriers and stuff Pitsea Tesco's car park was actually officially the most dangerous car park in Britain to leave your car. On the plus side the actual Tescos is (or was when it was finished a couple of years back) the largest in Europe!

Not surprisingly Blackpool is there with about 3 comments. Lancaster is too, but Lancs is so bad during term time at the uni cos the student/chav ratio means they're in the minority. Wouldn't wanna visit out of term time tho.

I come from liverpool .......

All i can say is funny post but it just goes to show what small minded people there is out their, and no i'm not a "CHAV"

I thank you :D

Yes, Mansfield does have that image and from my visits it's not far off the point - although some of the surrounding areas such as Ravenshead etc. are the opposite IMO. Hucknall deserves its comments, eastwood I am 50/50, I know there's a large "chav" area but then there is a good part. Having said that a friend of mine (a lot of school friends live out there) lives on the edge of the two areas, we walked out of his house at 8pm one night minding his own business and two guys came up to him, moaned he was "staring" and one smacked him one! Completely random!

Back