Technical finally got my back end sorted!! yay!

Currently reading:
Technical finally got my back end sorted!! yay!

well its been 3 years of banging and handling like a drunk, but I've finally got around to stripping my rear subframe, de-rusting it and powerflex bushes in and my £4 Spax lowering springs. standard dampers for now, I will be upgrading spax ones soon, thats why I've not cleaned them up.

its taken about 3 weeks to do the work, I'm working 12 hour nights so I only get 2 hours a day to do anything:bang:

I've still got the front to do but I'll start that on monday. then its all new breaklines tidy here and there, sort out my bertone alloys then its for sale. it maybe ready by August.(y)

Attachments

• P1010129.JPG
    P1010129.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 62
  • P1010130.JPG
    P1010130.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Lovely that, am doing exactly the same at the moment, just going to finish painting it and my braided hoses then is fitting time :).

Did you fit it all by yourself? did you assemble the whole lot before fitting it ?

Think you are missing the handbrake cable :p.

Ming

I did it on my own but in sections, trying to get the whole thing onto the car in one goes quite heavy. yep, I've got no breaks at the min, I'm waiting for my adjusters to turn up before I put the hand break back on.
theres a little bit of rust on the back too, nothing major, but it won't be getting better on its own so thats one more job to sort.

if your going to do it in sections on your own, fit and tourque up the top damper bolt, its a bugger to get to when its on the car.(y)

Last edited:
Looks great, but surely the whole lot pre assembled isn't very heavy as it's got two wheels to roll around on? :confused: ;)
getting it to the car in one bits do-able, but I did the work in the living room (sorry again love) and getting it in and out of the house had to be done in bits.
Also because I had the car quite high on the axle stands it was quite a way to lift the beam. 2 people could do it, but its easier if its in bits when your on your own.

I just left the petrol tank dangling on the front mounts, its held fine.

Looks great, but surely the whole lot pre assembled isn't very heavy as it's got two wheels to roll around on? :confused: ;)

lol think you should try lfiting the whole thing when is off :).

I just put a axel stand on the axhust to suppot that and the petrol tank.

Yup agree with the top shock bolts, but once tighten does it give enough movements for you to fit the bottom bolt?

Ming

Back