General Fiat Panda Mylife 2011 - Engine problem

Currently reading:
General Fiat Panda Mylife 2011 - Engine problem

Hi everyone,
I left earlier today clutching my reference number from fiat HQ,full of anticipation and hope that my driving lesson with the top technician would sort out my cars problems of stalling or engine screaming when pulling away on hills,sadly I have to report a failure,when questioned as to how the lesson would progress,I was told that the way to drive the fiat panda pop,was to rev it to 6000 rpm and slip the clutch,until forward progress was achieved,what a load of b*****s,so anyone who buys one of these cars,would need extra driving lessons from fiat,so I asked,would there be a problem with my warranty,when within a year I needed my clutch replaced,he said,we would look at each case on its own merit,I shall be taking this case to trading standards,fed up of not getting a straight answer,technicians agree that it has a problem,inasmuch as it wont drive as a normal car,but it has passed its euro6 spec,so there is no fault,fiat are supposed to be looking for an update,but there is no fault,fiat can keep the car,one unhappy customer,never again will I buy fiat.

Hi everyone,
I left earlier today clutching my reference number from fiat HQ,full of anticipation and hope that my driving lesson with the top technician would sort out my cars problems of stalling or engine screaming when pulling away on hills,sadly I have to report a failure,when questioned as to how the lesson would progress,I was told that the way to drive the fiat panda pop,was to rev it to 6000 rpm and slip the clutch,until forward progress was achieved,what a load of b*****s,so anyone who buys one of these cars,would need extra driving lessons from fiat,so I asked,would there be a problem with my warranty,when within a year I needed my clutch replaced,he said,we would look at each case on its own merit,I shall be taking this case to trading standards,fed up of not getting a straight answer,technicians agree that it has a problem,inasmuch as it wont drive as a normal car,but it has passed its euro6 spec,so there is no fault,fiat are supposed to be looking for an update,but there is no fault,fiat can keep the car,one unhappy customer,never again will I buy fiat.

I'm new to this .. , and have just about grasped the Euro 6 engine mapping issue,:eek:

but why do you need to rev a 2011 car to @6K..??:confused:

2011 is well proven.., so why the issue ??

Charlie

Knittinglee has the new Panda Mk4 1.2 pop with Euro 6...............

There's obviously a problem with her car's mapping, and despite all the Watchdog hoo-haa and some of the FIAT 500 folks on eth forum finally getting re-maps, her FIAT dealer is pleading "I know nothing" and giving out the kind of stupid advice that beggars belief.

Sounds like she needs to go directly to FIAT customer service as they know the score on this engine map.

Maybe she would be best to travel a bit further to another dealer who has actually done the right thing for someone else's car. Her dealer sounds a bit lacking in knowledge and out of date when others can resolve the issue.

Hi Guys and Girls,

Well you can add another one to the list .... flat spot when getting on the throttle in first gear only, intermittently .... had my 2012 Panda My life since March 2012, has now covered nearly seven thousand miles, had the fault since day one , never gone away or got any worse.

I have a 2012 Active that I bought 3 months ago and that has the same problem. It is going into the main dealer on Monday. I think it is dangerous as you never know if the car will pull away smoothly or just go a few yards and stop like you have hit the brakes!!! If they cannot fix it i would never buy another Fiat, a pity if not as I really like the car, but I need something reliable and the good results for reliability were a reason it was on my shortlist! Taking the car in costs me £30 in taxi fares so not something I really wanted to be doing

Back