FIAT ecoDrive

Currently reading:
FIAT ecoDrive

it does indeed!

Release Notes:
Along with a number of enhancements, this release fixes an issue that was causing problems when installing eco:Drive onto older Grande Punto models.

Now if you could just tell us how can we (with older Grande Punto models) update our Blue&Me to version 5.3 or get any available B&Me update? ;) My Fiat/Alfa/Lancia dealer has no clue about updates available (they don't even know that Blue&Me can read out SMS). :rolleyes:

Mine is a new 80gb Ipod Classic in Fat32

I've just done a week of driving after installing ecoDrive to my iPod Classic 80GB and although it seems to have recorded how far I've drive (256 miles) and how many trips I made (19) it hasn't actually recorded any details so I'm not getting a score or MPG etc.

Most annoying!

I didn't have disk mode enabled on my iPod so I'm going to try it with that for a few days and see if it makes any difference.

for me it was no trouble,

i installed the pc software, it asks to insert the usb stick and then select it from an available list of drives: (note, USB drive not shown - only hard disks, but you get the picture)
2.jpg

it then put a folder called 'iFiat' on the usb stick and an 'install.inf' file on there.

i then took it and plugged it in the car, engine totally off, then waited 5seconds for the light on the drive to stop flashing and then turned the ignition on to enable the electronics to work. i forget what that setting is called! then it took 10seconds or so to install, the 'voice' telling me it was installing.

my usb stick is FAT32 formatted, not NTFS or FAT.

when it had installed i put it back in my pc, the install.inf file had gone, and so too had the installation CAB stuff you mentioned.

hope some of this helps!

edit: ive got a grande punto by the way... doubt that makes a difference though.

Gavin

Hi Gavin, just one question, did you extracted the cab stuff before putting on the USB stick or you let that how you downloaded from the website?

Hi Gavin, just one question, did you extracted the cab stuff before putting on the USB stick or you let that how you downloaded from the website?

Do not extract the cab file. Your Fiat Blue&Me will do that when it starts installing EcoDrive. It's very simple and straightforward.

I have tried but it is not working :( The other folder contains mp3 files and I could listen to that, but the EcoDrove is not downloading. I put it on another USB stick, and tried and the same big nothing. What can be the problem?

Okay Rigoletta, I'm a bit confused now. :confused: Can you tell me step by step what is the problem. You want to install EcoDrive on your Fiat 500 Blue&Me, right? Gavin's step by step instruction should really help you.

I have tried but it is not working :( The other folder contains mp3 files and I could listen to that, but the EcoDrove is not downloading. I put it on another USB stick, and tried and the same big nothing. What can be the problem?

Just download a pc ecodrive software, install it on ur laptop/desktop computer and run it. It will ask you for the details of your car. At the end it will ask you if you want to set up your usb stick for ecodrive - choose yes. It will install on your usb memory. Take it out of your pc and put it in into ur usb port in your car - turn on the car, it will start installing an update to your Blue&Me system that contains eco:drive. When it's finished you will be informed.
Do not modify/create any folders on your usb stick - just use pc application to create usb stick for eco:drive and then stick it in your car.

Let us know step by step what are you doing and what comes up on your dashboard.

GXBox, Peter, the situation is that we, women usually overcomplicate the cases and this happened with me, too. The problem was that I created a file in my USB stick so the B&M system did not recognised that somehow.

I followed Peter's instruction step by step taking seriously not to touch the USB stick things just letting the program downloaded and IT IS WORKING now!!!

Eco:Drive is now installed in the system.

Thanks for your huge patience and help!

I wish you a nice Sunday! :)

Congrats! (y)

:wave: I've just realized that you are Hungarian as well. I should have wrote you in Hungarian, or could just send you my phone number, so I can explain it how to do it. Anyway, maybe next time. Cheers. :D

To tell the truth I have realised that you are from the same city when I answered you both thanking your help only.

It is really interesting that there are some active Hungarians here...

So the next time I will ask your live help :slayer:

I've just downloaded the programme to my pc via the uk fiat website just got to sort out a usb stick to stick in my car, so I assume its up and running. Then it supposedly collects info about how you're driving and tells you how to drive more eco friendly I believe.
When I've tried it out I'll do another post.

Sorry to bring an old thread back to life but it seemed the best place for my question.

A week ago i drove my car with out my USB stick in. Ecodrive told me it would record data to the internal memory. My USB stick is now back in the car, but its still recording data to the internal memory, and its bugging me with annoying messages about it running low on memory.

So a) how to i get the ecodrive data off the internal memory and on to the stick so i can put it on the PC, as currently it thinks the stick has no data on it.

and B) how do i make it record to the USB stick and not the internal memory.

Sorry to bring an old thread back to life but it seemed the best place for my question.

A week ago i drove my car with out my USB stick in. Ecodrive told me it would record data to the internal memory. My USB stick is now back in the car, but its still recording data to the internal memory, and its bugging me with annoying messages about it running low on memory.

So a) how to i get the ecodrive data off the internal memory and on to the stick so i can put it on the PC, as currently it thinks the stick has no data on it.

and B) how do i make it record to the USB stick and not the internal memory.

Did you erase all data from Memory Stick? If you did then just start up eco:Drive application on Your pc and there is an option on the top to prepare memory stick for eco:drive. Try it no matter if you did or did not erase any file on your memory stick and let me know if it worked for you.

It doesn't record to the USB stick during the drive it would seem - it uploads the journey data when you stop. Mine had the USB stick out for a week, then I simply went to the car, put the USB stick in, turned the key to 'on' - not started, then off. The USB stick LED flashed for a few seconds then went off. Took the USB stick back in the house and the data had been transferred to the USB stick.

Took a few mins to load the data into ecodrive!

Did you erase all data from Memory Stick? If you did then just start up eco:Drive application on Your pc and there is an option on the top to prepare memory stick for eco:drive. Try it no matter if you did or did not erase any file on your memory stick and let me know if it worked for you.

I will try this and let you know.

It doesn't record to the USB stick during the drive it would seem - it uploads the journey data when you stop. Mine had the USB stick out for a week, then I simply went to the car, put the USB stick in, turned the key to 'on' - not started, then off. The USB stick LED flashed for a few seconds then went off. Took the USB stick back in the house and the data had been transferred to the USB stick.

Took a few mins to load the data into ecodrive!

I've tried this. But it hasnt worked hence all the trouble i'm having.
After taking the USB stick to the car and then back to the PC. the Eco drive software just sits there. It doesnt read any data from the stick. Because for some reason my car wont write to the stick.

Back