FIAT ecoDrive

Currently reading:
FIAT ecoDrive

I will try this and let you know.

I tried putting it in the car and turning the key, but not starting the enginge. Just the battery on. And it worked.

Not sure why it didnt work when i put it in and then turned the engine one.
Thanks

I've tried this. But it hasnt worked hence all the trouble i'm having.
After taking the USB stick to the car and then back to the PC. the Eco drive software just sits there. It doesnt read any data from the stick. Because for some reason my car wont write to the stick.

I had this...plug the stick into the PC and scan the contents - looks for a folder called iFiat and then EcoDrive and then Data - this is where the data files of your driving are stored...look for any filenames that have a square character in the filename - if any, delete it...restart Eco:Drive software on the PC and it should update right away.

I'm also trying to get the EcoDrive application running.
The car part is working. I've got an USB stick with a lot of bin files in the data directory. However the EcoDrive application on (any) PC won't read the files and I'm stuck with the message saying "5 days of driving to go".

I've already sent some emails (bug-reports) to Fiat, but never received any responce.

Who can help me?

I've already got data of several weeks.
First day is 28-apr-2009, last day is 05-jun-2009.
In total 95 '.bin' files in directory iFiat/ecoDrive/Data.
Last week, the PC application updated itself (after asking first).

Still no luck.

I've just installed the ecoDrive on my burly Fiat 500, but can someone please tell what the hell I'm aiming for?

From what i can make out it will be coming soon but not sure when there is another post on her that takes you to fiat.it and the information for the qubo there mentions eco drive

Got my eco score for the last 5 days, 56, not bad. However, It said I was revving too high changing gear. I looked at the acceleration tips and it states I should be changing gear up under 2000 revs, wot a load of BO%$*&KS, I defy anyone to drive a Tjet and to stick to changing gear under 2000 revs, tried it today and no way. lol. So I may be ignoring ecodrive from now on and just rag it instead. lol

Yeah what a load of Bs.

I don't understand, that must be wrong.
I change gear at about 2500 revs sometimes up to 3000.

When I watched how I SHOULD be changing it said this

1st - 2nd: 2000 RPM
2nd - 3rd: 1800 RPM
3rd - 4th: 1500 RPM
4th - 5th: 1400 RPM
5th - 6th: 1400 RPM

My car idles at 1000 RPM.
On a flat road, its bascically asking me (if going by these rules) to change into 6th when doing 40mph.
I find this is wasting more fuel because im slamming my foot through the floor trying to get power which isn't there.

My best Eco Index is 57, how the hell does everyone get so high?
And how do you view it as a graph?

1.4 16v Starjet

I am from india . i own a fiat linea . is there a ecodrive available for it?. is there any way i can hack the present ecodrive to get it installed in my linea?.

Mine was also a straight forward install the only issue I had was that the memory stick was pretty full and the car told me this and said it would save the data to internal memory. Having deleted a few songs its now is saving to the stick.

Yeah what a load of Bs.

When I watched how I SHOULD be changing it said this

1st - 2nd: 2000 RPM
2nd - 3rd: 1800 RPM
3rd - 4th: 1500 RPM
4th - 5th: 1400 RPM
5th - 6th: 1400 RPM

I think these are the gear changes that are specified for the official fuel test data simulation.

Dont worry I was in HTML version :D downloaded it fine. Havent installled yet though.

hi i have the information you require you down load the eco drive once you have done this plug in a usb into a usb socket and click on set up usb then select the usb it is useually the f: file and click done unplug it the start the car and plug it in and you are away once finished your travel just plug it back in again i hope this helps

Back