Fiat and Apple make deal to allow car play in cars

Currently reading:
Fiat and Apple make deal to allow car play in cars

Apples new 'CarPlay' software will be coming to fiat cars after Apple announced the partnership today. CarPlay replaces the multimedia software in the headunit's allowing a Seemless experience between iPhones and your cars multimedia system.

Here's a link to the story http://9to5mac.com/2014/07/01/apple...tners-including-chrysler-dodge-jeep-and-fiat/

Here's more information about CarPlay from Apples website. http://www.apple.com/uk/ios/carplay/?cid=wwa-uk-kwg-features-com

I'm personally quite happy with this news. It will obviously be an added extra but for those in the apple ecosystem. It will be good to have the options, should you want it.

Last edited:
Lovely. I'm slowly going Apple so perhaps my next car will be a Fiat again. All they have to do is get the economy and the quality of the components right and I might return.

But, it seems the same tech is going to be available to all makes ...

Last edited:
Whilst it's good to be able to have seamless Apple connectiviity, I can't help but wonder if this will see the end of developments/updates to the Fiat version of Blue & Me, that's if it hasn't already ended :rolleyes: ?

Our mini already has quite a lot of integration with my iPhone, including accessing twitter Facebook foursquare and google while driving, mini connected app includes a number of features which gives a huge amount of on dash read outs such as a g-meter 0-60 stuff etc, oh and will play music, and (when the car is parked) video from the iPhone on the dash

BMW has been working with apple for year on this stuff so there are bmw connected and even rolls Royce apps to integrate with your iPhone

This is a way of letting other firms play catch up and prevent google getting a foot in the door with android phones and apps

Whilst it's good to be able to have seamless Apple connectiviity, I can't help but wonder if this will see the end of developments/updates to the Fiat version of Blue & Me, that's if it hasn't already ended :rolleyes: ?
No mate. It will be an "option" on everything you buy. You ever heard of Apple giving away something for free? No neither have I, there will Still be standard units on offer by fiat.

--------------------

If you read the article basically all of fiats cars (Ferrari's, Alfa's, Abarth etc) have agree to supply them except Maserati, which is very strange as there is no better luxury car in my opinion so I can't understand why they'd leave it out,

Back